4 /PRNewswire/ -- The American Federation of Government Employees' National Homeland Security Council has won a last-minute victory to prevent the elimination of some 800 jobs at the Citizenship and Immigration Services Bureau of the Department of Homeland Security.
What does NHSC stand for?
NHSC stands for National Homeland Security Council
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NHSC
We have 42 other meanings of NHSC in our Acronym Attic
- National Highway Safety Board (est. 1966; US DOT)
- National Housing and Savings Bank (Liberia)
- New Haven Savings Bank
- New Hampshire School Boards Association
- New Hampshire State Button Society
- National Health Service Business Services Authority (UK)
- National Health Service Breast Screening Program (UK)
- National Health Service Corps
- National Highway Safety Council
- National Historic Ships Committee (UK)
- National Horse Show Commission
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- National Hypersonic Science Center for Materials and Structures (various organizations)
- National High School Coaches Association
- New Hampshire State Council on the Arts
- National High School Cheerleading Championship
- National High School Chemistry Examination (Chemical Institute of Canada)
- National Hypertonic Saline in Cystic Fibrosis Study Group
- National Health Service Core Learning Unit
- National Household Survey Capability Program (UN Technical Cooperation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The final report on 9/11 commission recommendations is extremely worrisome and only reinforces AFGE's assertions that the administration is not doing enough to protect the American public," AFGE National Homeland Security Council President Charles Showalter said.
It is total devastation in New Orleans, Biloxi, and other cities that were hit," AFGE National Homeland Security Council President Charles Showalter said.
WASHINGTON, June 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Charles Showalter, president of the National Homeland Security Council, issued the following statement in reaction of the June 9th testimony of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff before the House Government Reform Committee:
The National Homeland Security Council is affiliated with the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE).
In law enforcement, as in the military, unit cohesion is the key to success and survival," explained Charles Showalter, president of AFGE's National Homeland Security Council.