The crafting of the draft law came after lawmakers, musicians and officials of the National Historical Institute (NHI) raised a howl when popular singer Martin Nievera sang the national anthem to a different beat during the boxing match between Manny Pacquiao and Ricky Hatton in May 2009.
What does NHI stand for?
NHI stands for National Historical Institute (Philippines)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NHI
We have 66 other meanings of NHI in our Acronym Attic
- North Hampshire Hospital Trust (UK)
- Notting Hill Housing Trust (UK)
- New Hampshire Hand Therapy Center, Inc. (Bedford, NH)
- New Hampshire High Technology Council (Peterborough, NH)
- National Household Hazardous Waste Forum (UK)
- National Health Index (New Zealand)
- National Health Insurance
- National Heart Institute
- National Highway Institute
- National Hispanic Institute
- National Holistic Institute
- National Homelessness Initiative (Canada)
- National Housing Institute
- Native Health Initiative (est. 2004)
- Native Host Interface
- NATO Helicopter Industries
- Natural Heritage Institute
- Natural Hygiene Incorporated
- Nebraska Heart Institute (Lincoln, NE)
- Neighborhood House, Inc. (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the National Historical Institute, the Lupang Hinirang, which was composed originally in Spanish by Felipe as a march, is also expected to be played in 2/4 beat and sung in 4/4 beat.
CasiEo, taking the cudgels for the National Historical Institute which raised a furore over a recent incident involving Nievera's performance, said the style in which CasiEo sang the Lupang Hinirang, was "in a manner not keeping with the original arrangement of its composer Julian Felipe.