April 16, 2014 is National Healthcare Decisions Day.
What does NHDD stand for?
NHDD stands for National Healthcare Decisions Day
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of NHDD in our Acronym Attic
- National Human Development Advisory Committee (Belize)
- New Hampshire Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food
- Natural History Data Base
- Newcastle Hunter Dragon Boat Club (Australia)
- National Handloom Development Corporation Limited (India)
- Naval Historical Display Center
- New Heuristic Diffraction Coefficient
- North Hertfordshire District Council (UK)
- Norwegian Historical Data Center (Tromsø, Norway)
- Nudehackers Dot Com
- New Hampshire Developmental Disabilities Council
- New Hampshire Department of Education (Concord, NH)
- New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
- National Health Development Fund (Colombo, Sri Lanka)
- New Hampshire Drum Festival
- Normal Human Dermal Fibroblast
- Normal Human Diploid Fibroblast (biology)
- Northern Hubble Deep Field (astronomy)
- North Hawaii Drug Free Coalition
- New Hampshire Division of Forests and Lands (Concord, NH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For more information on National Healthcare Decisions Day visit http://www.
com)-- South Nassau Communities Hospital, along with other national, state and community organizations, is part of a massive effort to highlight the importance of advance healthcare decision-making— an effort that has culminated in the formal designation of April 16 as National Healthcare Decisions Day (NHDD).
National Healthcare Decisions Day seeks to address this issue by focusing attention on advance healthcare planning from a variety of directions simultaneously.
To better educate patients about the many important decisions surrounding preventive care, and in recognition of the 5th annual National Healthcare Decisions Day (NHDD), Health Dialog has made three of its testing/screening patient decision aids available to the public.
National Healthcare Decisions Day is an initiative to encourage patients to express their wishes regarding healthcare and for providers and facilities to respect those wishes, whatever they may be.
The synergy between National Healthcare Decisions Day and National Volunteer Week allows us to honor those volunteers who work diligently to emphasize the importance of advance care planning.
In recognition of this, National Healthcare Decisions Day strives to provide much-needed information to the public, reduce the number of tragedies that occur when a person's wishes are unknown and improve the ability of healthcare facilities and providers to offer informed and thoughtful guidance about advance healthcare planning to their patients.