6, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Health Service Corps awarded more than $10 million in funding for loan repayment to 87 medical students in 29 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, who will serve as primary care doctors and help strengthen the health care workforce, Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius announced today.
What does NHSC stand for?
NHSC stands for National Health Service Corps
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NHSC
We have 42 other meanings of NHSC in our Acronym Attic
- Negev Highlands Search and Rescue Team (Israel)
- Nan Hua Symphonic Band
- National Health Service Board (Scotland, UK)
- National Highway Safety Board (est. 1966; US DOT)
- National Housing and Savings Bank (Liberia)
- New Haven Savings Bank
- New Hampshire School Boards Association
- New Hampshire State Button Society
- National Health Service Business Services Authority (UK)
- National Health Service Breast Screening Program (UK)
- National Highway Safety Council
- National Historic Ships Committee (UK)
- National Homeland Security Council
- National Horse Show Commission
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- National Hypersonic Science Center for Materials and Structures (various organizations)
- National High School Coaches Association
- New Hampshire State Council on the Arts
- National High School Cheerleading Championship
- National High School Chemistry Examination (Chemical Institute of Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
4 million was invested in the National Health Service Corps in 2012 to support more doctors and nurses and increase access to primary care.
At Decatur, in particular, they are part of the National Health Service Corps, so they are a designated national health service site.
Along with the federal stimulus law, funding from the ACA has helped triple the number of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals serving these communities through the National Health Service Corps in the last three years.
The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) provides clinicians with financial support in the form of loan repayment and scholarships.
Spitzgo, director of the National Health Service Corps.
The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program is accepting applications for 2011.
Public Health Service National Health Service Corps achievement and commendation awards.