The implementation of the Millennium Goals was discussed by Adelaide de Carvalho, including that until the referred date the respective countries will have information and communication technologies integrated in their national health information systems and infrastructure.
What does NHIS stand for?
NHIS stands for National Health Information System (various locations)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NHIS
We have 17 other meanings of NHIS in our Acronym Attic
- New Hampshire Incentive Program (student financial assistance)
- New Hampshire Indoor Paintball (Nashua, NH)
- Northern Health Information Partnership (Canada)
- New Horizons Internet Professional Program (class)
- New Hope and Ivyland Railroad
- National Health Information Resource Center
- New Hampshire Industrial Research Center (Durham, NH)
- New Hampshire Innovation Research Center (Durham, NH)
- National Health Insurance Research Database (Taiwan)
- National Health Information Services (Erie, PA)
- National Health Insurance Scheme (Ghana)
- National Health Insurance Service (various locations)
- National Health Insurance System
- National Health Interview Survey
- Natural Heritage Information System
- New Hampshire International Speedway
- National Health Interview Survey of Child Health
- National Health Interview Survey on Disability
- National Health Interview Survey-Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (US CDC)
- National Health Information Standards Advisory Committee (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They should accelerate the implementation of the WHO framework convention on tobacco control and strengthen national health information systems to collect and provide all surveillance data required for planning and evaluating interventions on NCDs.
The new office is staffed with over 40 employees comprising IT professionals and experts from Spain and Bahrain who are currently working on the implementation of the National Health Information System (iSeha) which is considered to be the first integrated healthcare system in the region.
Making information technologies more accessible and more flexible, says the report, involves: * enhancing measurement and improvement infrastructure; * improving linkages across systems of care; and * participating in the national health information system.
The panel also suggested that Congress consider tax credits, subsidized loans or grants to assist development of a national health information system.
Frenk said the institute will work closely with international partners, including the Health Metrics Network, a WHO-hosted initiative to strengthen national health information systems.
This funding is being used to strengthen the national health information system - a necessary mechanism for monitoring the incidence of malaria and ultimately, when transmission has been effectively eliminated, for providing an early warning of any potential resurgence in malaria transmission that would necessitate targeted control measures.