Over the last several months the quotes were mainly driven by the statements of competing groups of officials in the absence of real actions (-60% from March to May on the news of forming United National Grid Company and +45% in September - October as liberals announced the exclusion of Rosneftegas from the deal).
What does NGC stand for?
NGC stands for National Grid Company (England)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NGC
We have 146 other meanings of NGC in our Acronym Attic
- National Garden Clubs, Inc (St. Louis, MO)
- National Garifuna Council of Belize
- National Gas Company
- National Gateway Center
- National Geographic Channel (TV)
- National Geospatial Intelligence College
- National Glass Center (UK)
- National Golf Challenge (Entertainment and Sports Programming Network)
- National Government Center (various organizations)
- National Governors Council (UK)
- National Guideline Clearinghouse (evidence-based clinical practice guidelines; Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; US Department of Health and Human Services)
- National Gypsum Company
- NATO Geographic Conference
- Natural Gas Council
- Navigation, Guidance, and Control
- Neo Geo Color
- Network Governance Committee (Australia)
- Network Group Controller
- Nevada Gaming Commission
- New General Catalogue (of Nebulae and Star Clusters; astronomy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
SEC recently created the National Grid Company SA, a wholly owned power transmission subsidiary, as the first step in a multi-year restructuring of the company.
The project will be funded by EDM in partnership with Portuguese national grid company Redes Energeticas Nacionais (REN).
The plant has been operated by National Grid Company under a short term operating reserve (STOR) contract and is used during periods of shortfall in power generation capacity throughout the year.
The threat of action against the National Grid Company follows two large blackouts in the West Midlands and South-east last year.
The threat of action against the National Grid Company - based at Warwick Technology Park in Warwick - follows two large blackouts in the south east and the West Midlands last year.
David Jones, 62, was the Group Chief Executive of The National Grid Company plc from 1994 to 2001 and is the Chairman of UK Coal PLC.
I wonder if the National grid company knows about the ``cheaper and more efficient'' offshore tidal and wave technologies due to be introduced ``commercially within two years''.