Ironically, 2007 is also the year in which the much acclaimed and heavily subsidized National Gene Vector Laboratories (NGVL) -- whose mission and "primary goal" as an academic vector production facility and national resource was ostensibly to provide clinical grade vectors for clinical gene transfer protocols -- has closed its doors and announced the discontinuance of its programs, while all the world wonders.
What does NGVL stand for?
NGVL stands for National Gene Vector Laboratories (now defunct; US NIH resource)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- National Geodetic Vertical Datum
- National Geodetic Vertical Datum of 1929
- Next Generation Voice/Data Crypto (CESG)
- Nederlandsch Genootschap Voor Edelsteenkunde (Dutch: Dutch Society for Gemstone Research; Netherlands)
- Next Generation Venture Fund
- National Gulf Veterans and Families Association
- Nederlands Gilde Van Hypnotherapeuten (Dutch: Dutch Guild for Health Counseling and Psychotherapy)
- National Gallery of Victoria International (Australia)
- Natural Gas Vehicle Institute (Las Vegas, NV)
- Natural Gas Vehicles International (est. 1995; South Korea)
- Next Generation Visual Landing Aid
- Nederlandse Genootschap voor Microscopie
- Next Generation Voice Networks
- Nederlandse Vereniging Van Graves Patienten (Dutch: Graves Patients Organization)
- Noel Graham Video Productions (UK)
- Natural Gas Vehicle Program for Public Transport (Philippines)
- New Guinea Volunteer Rifles
- Natural Gas Vehicle Technology Forum (US Department of Energy)
- National Grid Wireless Group United States (now Lightower; Boxborough, MA)
- National Grid Wireless United Kingdom (now Arqiva; UK)