With the formation of the National Gay Task Force in 1973, the community began to organize nationally.
What does NGTF stand for?
NGTF stands for National Gay Task Force
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NGTF
We have 1 other meaning of NGTF in our Acronym Attic
- North Georgia Tres Dias (Marietta, GA)
- Not Getting Things Done (productivity joke)
- Natural Gas Transmission and Distribution Model
- Natural Gas Transmission and Distribution Module
- Neighborhood Gray-Tone Difference Matrix (biomedicine)
- National Gas Turbine Establishment
- National Graduate Teacher Education (Nova Southeastern University)
- Next Generation Test Equipment
- Next-Generation Telecommunications Equipment
- National Geospatial Technology Extension Network
- Natural Gas Trust Fund (Washington, DC)
- Negotiating Group on Trade Facilitation (World Trade Organization)
- Not Going to Fix (software defect tracking)
- Northern Gulf Trading Group (Mobile, AL)
- Next Generation Tech Hlds (stock; Next Generation Technology, Inc; Dallas, TX)
- Next Generation Technology, Inc. (Dallas, TX)
- Nova Gas Transmission, Limited
- No Greater Than Minimal Risk
- National Geoscience Teaching Network (Australia)
- Next Generation Transport Networks
Samples in periodicals archive:
Quoting from Clendinen and Nargourney's incomplete "history of the gay rights struggle," he accuses Gay Men's Health Crisis of "discarding" earlier history in our own struggle to survive, somehow destroying the work of Gay Rights National Lobby and the National Gay Task Force.
Every psychiatrist, and there were tens of thousands, received a mailing urging them to support the change that purported to come from the APA, but was in fact financed by the National Gay Task Force.
10) National Gay Task Force 1973 Barbara Gittings and Frank Kameny help found the National Gay Task Force.
Two years later, seeing much of the same at the then-named National Gay Task Force, she negotiated an agreement to become the group's first female leader as co-executive director along side Bruce Voeller, the onetime leader of the GAA.
While The Advocate honors the work of long-time lesbian activist Jean O'Leary in the current issue, 31 years ago the magazine covered the founding of the National Gay Task Force (which later added and Lesbian), where O'Leary worked as a co--executive director during its early years.
So she approached Voeller, who had since become head of the National Gay Task Force.
DIED: Gary Van Ooteghem, 58, Houston gay activist, of a heart attack, July 6, Ooteghem served as cochair of the National Gay Task Force (precursor to NGLTF) and cofounded Log Cabin Republicans Houston and the Houston Gay Political Caucus,