Davis, the domestic winner of this year's prize, was formerly head of the National Freedom of Information Coalition, an organization that funds open-government groups around the country.
What does NFOIC stand for?
NFOIC stands for National Freedom of Information Coalition
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Near Field Optical Disc
- No Fear of Death
- Non-Financial Operating Data
- Narrow Fields of Education (Australia)
- National Fiber Optical Engineer Conference
- National Federation of Officers for Life (Corpus Christi, TX)
- National Forum on Health (Canada)
- Near-Field Optics Imaging
- Norsk Forening for Osteogenesis Imperfecta (Norwegian Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation)
- National Federation of Independent Business
- Navy Field Operational Intelligence Office
- National Feast of Lanterns (camping and caravanning; UK)
- Nationwide Festival of Light (UK)
- Near-Field Optical Microscopy
- Nebraska Friends of Midwives (York, NE)
- New Faculty Orientation Manual (Canada)
- Nigerian Foundation of Michigan (Southfield, MI)
- Nondegenerate Figure of Merit (optics)
- Norsk Forbund for Osteopatisk Medisin (Norwegian: Norwegian Association of Osteopathic Medicine)
- National Fugitive Operations Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
[A] document that gives a false impression is not a good practice," says Ken Bunting, the executive director of the National Freedom of Information Coalition.
Charles Davis, executive director of the National Freedom of Information Coalition, said access to information online “can be a great catalyst for democracy, but the state of access today is quite uneven.
CFAC also is supported in this initiative by a consortium of organizations, including the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism, the Center for Internet and Society at Stanford Law School, the National Freedom of Information Coalition, and the China Internet Project at UC Berkeley, among others.
July 19 /PRNewswire/ -- The Freedom of Information Acts (FOI) allowing public access to government records is described as a "haphazard construction" among the states according to a recent study undertaken by the Better Government Association (BGA) and the National Freedom of Information Coalition (NFOIC).
This National Information Audit: Comprehensive Emergency Response Plans, is a project of the American Society of Newspaper Editors-Sunshine Week, the Coalition of Journalists for Open Government, the National Freedom of Information Coalition and the Society of Environmental Journalists.
FOIFT also sponsors an annual statewide conference on First Amendment issues for educators, politicians, attorneys, media representatives and private citizens, and is also a member of the National Freedom of Information Coalition.
Atlanta Freedom of Information Conference: $7,400 The National Freedom of Information Coalition, the Georgia First Amendment Foundation, and the Atlanta Professional Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists will jointly sponsor the conference in April of 1999.