Patricia Senn Breivik (2005), Chair of the National Forum on Information Literacy observes: "As far back as 1982, futurist John Naisbitt presciently wrote, 'We are drowning in information but starved for knowledge" (p.
What does NFIL stand for?
NFIL stands for National Forum on Information Literacy
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NFIL
- National Farm Irrigation Fund (Zimbabwe)
- National Flood Insurance Fund
- Norges Fri-Idrettsforbund
- National Federation of Independent Financial Advisers
- Net Farm Income from Operations
- National Federation of Insurance Field Workers of India (Thiruvananthapuram, India)
- North Flinders International House
- Northern Food Industry Innovation Network (UK)
- National Federation of Israeli Journalists
- Nan Fung Investments Limited (Hong Kong)
- Navin Fluorine International Limited (flourochemicals; India)
- Norsk Forening for Infeksjonsmedisin (Norwegian: Norwegian Association of Infectious Medicine)
- North Fulton Internal Medicine Group, PC (Roswell, GA)
- National Fetal Infant Mortality Review (Washington, DC)
- National Federation of Interscholastic Officials Association
- National Federation of Independent Photographers
- National Flood Insurance Program (US FEMA)
- National Football Information Point (various nations)
- National Foreign Intelligence Program
- National Forum for Information Planning (UK and Ireland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Several of the report's recommendations have already been implemented successfully: * The National Forum on Information Literacy, a coalition of more than fifty national associations, has been formed under the guidance of ALA.
References  National Forum on Information Literacy.