On the basis of the list of 150 most backward districts identified for implementation of National Food for Work Programme and another list of 147 backward districts identified for the implementation of Rashtriya Sam Vikas Yojana provided by the Planning Commission, the Wadhwa Committee identified the poorest districts by combining both the lists (except 32 extremist affected districts in the list of 147 most backward districts), and added a few more districts as poorest, wherever pointed out by the concerned State Governments, the Minister added.
What does NFFW stand for?
NFFW stands for National Food for Work (India)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of NFFW in our Acronym Attic
- National Fulltimers FunTeam (National Recreational Vehicle Owners Club)
- Non-Face-to-Face Transaction
- non-uniform fast Fourier transform
- Nonequidistant Fast Fourier Transform
- Nonequispaced Fast Fourier Transform
- Norsk Forening for Familieterapi
- NowVest Fidelity Funds Timer
- National Freshwater Fisheries Technology Center (Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources, Philippines)
- Naval Fleet/Force Technology Innovation Office
- National Film Festival for Talented Youth (Seattle, Washington)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The National Food for Work Programme was launched in 2004 in 150 most-backward districts of the country, identified by the Planning Commission, which aimed at generating supplementary wage employment and providing food security through community assets.