Acting Flood Insurance Advocate, David Stearrett, will lead the Interim Office, which specializes in assisting clients and policyholders on National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) issues and is an independent office within FEMA with direct alignment to the Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration (FIMA) associate administrator and the FEMA administrator.
What does NFIP stand for?
NFIP stands for National Flood Insurance Program (US FEMA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NFIP
We have 5 other meanings of NFIP in our Acronym Attic
- Northern Food Industry Innovation Network (UK)
- National Federation of Israeli Journalists
- Nan Fung Investments Limited (Hong Kong)
- National Forum on Information Literacy
- Navin Fluorine International Limited (flourochemicals; India)
- Norsk Forening for Infeksjonsmedisin (Norwegian: Norwegian Association of Infectious Medicine)
- North Fulton Internal Medicine Group, PC (Roswell, GA)
- National Fetal Infant Mortality Review (Washington, DC)
- National Federation of Interscholastic Officials Association
- National Federation of Independent Photographers
- National Football Information Point (various nations)
- National Foreign Intelligence Program
- National Forum for Information Planning (UK and Ireland)
- National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis, Inc.
- Nuclear Free and Independent Pacific Day (est. 1975)
- National Fire Protection Association
- Niagara Frontier Intellectual Property Law Association (western New York)
- National Foundation for IPM Education
- NIST Fingerprint Image Quality (fingerprint matching system)
- National Federation of Indian Railway men
Samples in periodicals archive:
BOSTON, July 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- New Jersey home owners may obtain National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) coverage through InsuraMatch, which is part of the Plymouth Rock Group of Companies.
Flooding in Central Texas last month highlighted the possibility that more Texans will be unable to pay for flood insurance if changes to the National Flood Insurance Program move forward.
A provision in legislation to increase the borrowing powers of the depleted National Flood Insurance Program would have required anyone living in a 100-year floodplain to buy flood insurance.
The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) is the primary vehicle for FEMA's efforts to mitigate the impact of floods.
The Federal Reserve Board on January 14, 2003, informed state member banks of the reauthorization of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) by the Congress, retroactive to December 31, 2002.
Certifications will also be offered by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and the Windstorm Insurance Network Umpire Certification Program.
After three lapses this year, it is finally official -- the National Flood Insurance Program has been extended for one more year," said Pratter.