She has held numerous positions in state and national adult education professional organizations and advisory groups, including the National Institute for Literacy, National Center for Adult Literacy, and the National Education Goals Panel.
What does NEGP stand for?
NEGP stands for National Education Goals Panel
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NEGP
We have 3 other meanings of NEGP in our Acronym Attic
- New Era Galapagos Foundation (Galapagos Islands, Ecuador)
- Non-Equilibrium Green Function
- New England Girls Hockey League
- New England Garden History Society
- National Energy Group, Inc. (Dallas, TX)
- National Electronic Gaming League
- Not Even Gonna Lie
- Negotiated Fares
- National e-Governance Plan (India)
- Net Endogenous Glucose Production
- Non-Enzymatic Glycation of Protein
- Non-Evaporable Getter Pump
- North European Gas Pipeline
- North European Gas Pipeline Company
- Negative Report Submitted
- New England Girls' School (New Souh Wales, Australia)
- New England Guitar Society (Milford, CT)
- Nairobi Evangelical Graduate School of Theology (Kenya)
- New Generation of Solar Thermal Systems (heating term)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In July of 1990, the National Education Goals Panel (1999) came into being as a bipartisan committee operating under the executive branch.
The National Education Goals Panel (Shore, 1998) endorses an approach to school readiness that focuses on five domains of children's development and learning: physical health and motor development, social and emotional development, approaches toward learning, language development, and cognition and general knowledge.
Similar calls for the improvement of the existing national education data system and the development of new components to include in the system have been echoed in reports by the National Education Goals Panel (1991) and the National Education Statistics Agenda Committee of the National Forum on Education Statistics (1990).
What the Standards Must Be The National Education Goals Panel has announced its support for education standards that are: * Voluntary--"Content standards should serve as models and resources for state and local school reform efforts.
National Education Goals Panel The Committee included authbority for the Panel to recommend adjustments to the current goals and objectives in recognition of the fact that there may be a need to clarify the goals, as written, so that they are more responsive to the learning strengths and needs of all students.
The National Education Goals Panel chose an alternative measure to estimate the nation's high school graduation rate using the Current Population Survey of 50,000 households, which does not distinguish between high school diplomas and GEDs.
Improved parent involvement in schools is one of the eight goals set forth by the National Education Goals Panel and endorsed by Presidents Bush and Clinton.