Connecting pilot communities to national early warning system for 24/7 readiness
What does NEWS stand for?
NEWS stands for National Early Warning System (Sri Lanka)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NEWS
We have 44 other meanings of NEWS in our Acronym Attic
- North East White Pride
- North East Wisconsin Paddlers (American Canoe Association)
- North End Water Pollution Control Centre (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)
- Corrected Position Report
- Northern Engineered Wood Products, Inc. (British Columbia, Canada)
- National Extension Water Quality Database
- Net Explosive Weight for Quantity Distance (US DoD)
- Nuclear Explosion Warning & Radiological Data System
- North East Wisconsin Radio League (amateur radio club)
- Napa Emergency Women's Services
- NAVAIDS, Emergency Return, Weather, Standard Instrument Departure/Speeds
- Naval Electronic Warfare Simulator
- Naval Environmental Watch Steward
- NetWare Early Warning System
- Network Extensible Windowing System
- Network of European Worldshops (Germany)
- Network Window System
- Network Windowing System
- Never Eat Soggy Wheat (mnemonic for compass points)
- Never Ending Wonderful Story (film)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The new sea level stations and the national early warning system will serve to strengthen the Indian Ocean Tsunami Warning and Mitigation System (IOTWS) by providing a much more complete coverage of the North Western Indian Ocean including Oman Sea.
With support from the Catholic Relief Service (CRS), the national early warning system has been operating in at least four South Sudan states since 2009.
The federal government vowed this week to set up a national early warning system that could alert communities to approaching natural dangers.
Summary: Abu Dhabi - The Ministry of Environment and Water is joining hands with local and international partners to develop a national early warning system on food and fodder to ensure food safety, a senior official has disclosed.
The centre has a special wing, the National Early Warning System for tsunami and storm surges linked to17 broadband seismic stations for real time earthquake detection and 320 international stations, which enable it to locate its occurrence within five to ten minutes.
Weapons will include a national early warning system to track the spread of heroin throughout the country.
The initiative includes measures to improve and modernize food inspection and manufacturing procedures; increase research into foodborne pathogens; create a national early warning system to detect and respond to foodborne outbreaks; and strengthen coordination among federal, state and local food safety agencies.