Niger s Climate Information Development and Forecasting Project, which will receive USD 13 million from the CIFs Pilot Program for Climate Resilience (PPCR), will work to improve the national climate observatory system, research and optimize climate modeling, strengthen the national early warning system, and expand communication on climate information to end users.
What does NEWS stand for?
NEWS stands for National Early Warning System (Sri Lanka)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NEWS
We have 44 other meanings of NEWS in our Acronym Attic
- North East White Pride
- North East Wisconsin Paddlers (American Canoe Association)
- North End Water Pollution Control Centre (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)
- Corrected Position Report
- Northern Engineered Wood Products, Inc. (British Columbia, Canada)
- National Extension Water Quality Database
- Net Explosive Weight for Quantity Distance (US DoD)
- Nuclear Explosion Warning & Radiological Data System
- North East Wisconsin Radio League (amateur radio club)
- Napa Emergency Women's Services
- NAVAIDS, Emergency Return, Weather, Standard Instrument Departure/Speeds
- Naval Electronic Warfare Simulator
- Naval Environmental Watch Steward
- NetWare Early Warning System
- Network Extensible Windowing System
- Network of European Worldshops (Germany)
- Network Window System
- Network Windowing System
- Never Eat Soggy Wheat (mnemonic for compass points)
- Never Ending Wonderful Story (film)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With support from the Catholic Relief Service (CRS), the national early warning system has been operating in at least four South Sudan states since 2009.
Improving patient safety: Powys LHB - using a national early warning system in a community hospital; Cardiff and Vale UHB - enhanced recovery after colorectal surgery; Aneurin Bevan Health Board - safe care and best practice for insertion and maintenance of peripheral venous cannulas.
The federal government vowed this week to set up a national early warning system that could alert communities to approaching natural dangers.
Summary: Abu Dhabi - The Ministry of Environment and Water is joining hands with local and international partners to develop a national early warning system on food and fodder to ensure food safety, a senior official has disclosed.
The centre has a special wing, the National Early Warning System for tsunami and storm surges linked to17 broadband seismic stations for real time earthquake detection and 320 international stations, which enable it to locate its occurrence within five to ten minutes.
Weapons will include a national early warning system to track the spread of heroin throughout the country.
The initiative includes measures to improve and modernize food inspection and manufacturing procedures; increase research into foodborne pathogens; create a national early warning system to detect and respond to foodborne outbreaks; and strengthen coordination among federal, state and local food safety agencies.