It comes as figures from the National Disease Surveillance Centre showed more than 12,000 people were found to be infected with some form of STI other than HIV last year.
What does NDSC stand for?
NDSC stands for National Disease Surveillance Centre (Dublin, Ireland)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NDSC
We have 45 other meanings of NDSC in our Acronym Attic
- Nunavut Dogsledding Association
- National Digital Strategy Advisory Board (NDIIPP)
- National Drug Scheduling Advisory Committee (Canada)
- New Directions in the Study of Alcohol Group (UK)
- New Deal String Band
- New Dictionary of Scientific Biography (scholarly reference work)
- North Dakota School for the Blind (now North Dakota Vision Services/School for the Blind)
- North Dakota School Boards Association
- North Dakota State Button Society
- National Data and Statistical Center (Craig Hospital; Englewood, CO)
- National Down Syndrome Congress
- Neerim District Secondary College (Victoria, Australia)
- Network for the Detection of Stratospheric Change
- North Dakota Soybean Council
- North Dakota School Counselor's Association
- Northern Districts Sporting Car Club (Australia)
- Nancy Drew Secrets Can Kill (gaming)
- National Down Syndrome Cytogenetic Register (UK)
- Notional Debt Service Coverage Ratio (India)
- National Duck Stamp Collectors Society (Harleysville, PA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Already this year four cases of the disease have been logged by Dublin National Disease Surveillance Centre.
Last night the makers took steps to secure emergency supplies for Ireland, as the National Disease Surveillance Centre issued a fresh plea to parents to get their children vaccinated, as the bug can kill one in every thousand.
The latest figures from the National Disease Surveillance Centre show cases soared by 1,233 per cent in the first six months of 2001.
To ensure a complete recall, the FSAI has enlisted help from environmental health officers, the National Disease Surveillance Centre and the Irish Medicines Board.
The alert, from the National Disease Surveillance Centre advises them snot to share needles, syringes or other 'works' with fellow addicts, and to smoke heroin instead of injecting it.
The Irish National Disease Surveillance Centre is investigating suspected cases of SARS in the Republic.
National Disease Surveillance Centre specialist Dr Joan O'Donnell said: "As we enter the flu season it is recommended that those in high-risk groups get vaccinated against influenza.