Fukushima told reporters that she urged Kan not to draw up a new national defense program outline that includes a review of the three principles which make up the nation's virtual ban on arms exports.
What does NDPO stand for?
NDPO stands for National Defense Program Outline (Japan)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NDPO
We have 4 other meanings of NDPO in our Acronym Attic
- New Drug Pipeline Monitor (Patented Medicine Prices Review Board; Canada)
- Normalized Distance-Based Performance Measure (computing)
- Nondispersant Polymethacrylate
- North Dakota Petroleum Marketers Association (Bismarck, ND)
- Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy (Pontiac, MI)
- Neighbor Discovery Protocol Monitor
- National Democratic Party of Nepal
- National Dropout Prevention Network
- New Democratic Policy Network (Maryland)
- Nasserist Democratic Popular Organization
- National Domestic Preparedness Office
- Nonviolent Drug Possession Offense (California)
- Nationaal Diabetes Preventie Programma (Dutch: National Diabetes Prevention Program)
- National Development Priority Plan (various locations)
- National Director of Public Prosecutions (South Africa)
- NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) Defence Planning Process
- New Don Pedro Project (energy; California)
- Non-Delimited Peripheral Parenchyma
- North Downtown Park Plan (Seattle, WA)
- National Disaster Prevention and Preparedness Committee
Samples in periodicals archive:
Asked if the new National Defense Program Outline meant that China was regarded as a security threat, Koizumi had said earlier, ''China possesses nuclear weapons, although possessing nuclear weapons does not necessarily mean a threat.
Based on "the National Defense Program Outline in and after FY 1996", Japan is reshaping its defense capability, but it remains committed to four fundamentals: it maintains an exclusively defense-oriented policy, avoids developing military capabilities that might threaten other countries, adheres to non-nuclear principles, and upholds civilian control of the military.
In talks with Yoon, Ono explained Japan's new 10-year National Defense Program Outline starting in Japan's fiscal 2005, and sought South Korea's understanding to dispel concerns among neighboring nations.
On the postponed Japanese national defense program outline, Smith noted that if Tokyo draws up the national defense policy guideline, it will be much easier for the two countries to resolve the issue of how to relocate the U.
Asked if the new National Defense Program Outline, which was adopted earlier in the day, means to regard China as a security threat, Koizumi said, ''China possesses nuclear weapons although possessing nuclear weapons does not necessarily mean a threat.
In a move linked to the planned review of the government's National Defense Program Outline, a subcommittee of the LDP's National Defense Division has compiled a set of recommendations.
12 Kyodo Selected editorial excerpts from the Japanese press: SHIFT IN SECURITY POLICY (The Japan Times, an English-language daily) Japan's security policy is likely to change significantly under the new National Defense Program Outline, which lays out guidelines for improving the nation's defense capabilities over the next 10 years.