He and members of his gang were arrested following a joint six month operation by specialist officers from Northumbria Police and the National Crime Intelligence Service.
What does NCIS stand for?
NCIS stands for National Crime Intelligence Service
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NCIS
We have 62 other meanings of NCIS in our Acronym Attic
- National Criminal Intelligence Resource Center (US DOJ; Tallahassee, FL)
- NATO Computer Incident Response Capability
- National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases
- Northern California Institute of Research and Education
- National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance (Australia)
- North Coast Integrated Regional Water Management Plan (California)
- National Centre for Indigenous Studies (Australian National University; Australia)
- National Coalition of Independent Scholars
- National Coordinated Industry Survey (Australia)
- National Coroners Information System (Australia)
- National Crime Investigation Squad
- National Crop Insurance Service (gathers crop-hail statistics)
- NATO Common Interface Standard
- NATO Common Interoperability Standards
- Naval Criminal Intelligence Command
- Naval Criminal Investigative Service
- Navy Cost Information System
- Nebraska Career Information System
- Network Communications and Information Systems (various organizations)
- New Century Infusion Solutions (Brea, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It will house the Scottish Crime and Drug Enforcement Agency (SCDEA), Customs and Excise, Immigration, Scottish Forensic Science Service, the National Crime Intelligence Service and the English Serious Organised Crime Agency.
The National Crime Intelligence Service and the National Crime Squad have been tackling organised crime in the UK for years.
A National Crime Intelligence Service spokesman said Cardiff's record spoke for itself.
The National Crime Intelligence Service (NCIS) said yesterday that the interception of thousands of letters in recent months had prevented potential losses in the West Midlands of more than pounds 20 million - and pounds 150 million nationwide - although millions had been undoubtedly lost by businesses sucked in by the scam.
But Spanish authorities hope to thwart the plans of the ringleaders by monitoring them round-the-clock following a tip-off from Britain's National Crime Intelligence Service (NCIS).
Bright was caught after information was passed on to Northumbria Police from the National Crime Intelligence Service.
The centre of excellence will house the SDEA, Customs and Excise, the National Crime Intelligence Service Scottish Office, Immigration and Crown Office.