As a way of endeavouring to deepen democracy and foster public participation, it was imperative for the Parliament of the Republic of South Africa to establish National Council of Provinces system as opposed to the Senate or Second House.
What does NCP stand for?
NCP stands for National Council of Provinces (South Africa)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NCP
We have 279 other meanings of NCP in our Acronym Attic
- National Collections Program (Smithsonian Institution)
- National Commission on Population (India and Nepal)
- National Competition Policy (Australia)
- National Congress Party (Sudan; India)
- National Conscience Party (Namibia)
- National Conservative Party
- National Consumer Panel (survey company)
- National Contact Point (OECD)
- National Contingency Plan
- National Convention Party (Ghana)
- National Council of Psychotherapists (UK)
- National Council on Privatization (Nigeria)
- National Crime Prevention Programme (Australia)
- National Oil and Hazardous Substances Pollution Contingency Plan
- Nationalist Congress Party (political party in India)
- Nationally Certified Psychologist
- Natural Cane Products
- Natural Child Project
- Nature Coast Painters
- Naval Capability Pillars (US Navy planning concepts: Sea Strike, Sea Shield, Sea Base, FORCENet)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Information Bill will now be tabled before the upper house, known as the National Council of Provinces, where members of the NCOP will vote on it, before it is given back to the National Assembly.
He said the province faced a R20 billion backlog in health infrastructure and would not be able to meet the standards set in the Norms and Standards Bill recently adopted by the National Assembly and now before the National Council of Provinces.
] The National Council of Provinces has more-limited powers.
The leadership in parliament is now heavily male dominated, with the Speaker, chairperson of the National Council of Provinces and almost all the chief whips and leaders of parties, except for the Independent Democrat's Patricia de Lille, being men.
Opposition parties vociferously opposed the introduction of the bill -- which still has to pass through the National Council of Provinces before being rubber-stamped.
Today s joint sitting of the National Assembly (NA) and National Council of Provinces (NCOP) to debate National Women s Day under the theme mainstreaming gender equality in all sectors of South African society , kicks off a busy quarter.
Replying to questions in the National Council of Provinces, he told members there were now an estimated 5.