The Evangelical Fellowship of India and the National Council of Churches in India issued statements of support, but the Catholic Bishops' Conference of India distanced itself from Hazare's campaign, saying the church cannot endorse attempts to undermine parliamentary democracy.
What does NCC stand for?
NCC stands for National Council of Churches
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NCC
We have 710 other meanings of NCC in our Acronym Attic
- National Contingent Commander (various organizations)
- National Control Center
- National Controls Corporation (Philadelphia, PA unit of AMETEK, Inc)
- National Cooperators' Coalition
- National Coordinating Center
- National Coordination Committee
- National Core Content (National Health Service; UK)
- National Core Curriculum (various locations)
- National Cotton Council
- National Council of Chiefs
- National Council on Codependence
- National Counterintelligence Center (USA)
- National Counternarcotics Center
- National Counterterrorism Center (US government)
- National Croquet Center
- National Cycling Centre (UK)
- NATO Codification Control
- Natural Call Control
- Nature Care College (Australia)
- Nature Coast Coalition
Samples in periodicals archive:
As vice-president of the National Council of Churches, he led delegations of nationally known church leaders to Vietnam (1968) and to the Middle East (1980).
The letter was directed to the National Council of Churches, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and the National Association of Evangelicals.
Systems, dogmas, creeds, and written confessions do not dialogue; people do--and this, I believe, is a conviction deeply held by the National Council of Churches of Christ, the World Council of Churches, Vatican II, and other mainline church bodies.
The National Council of Churches Committee for Public Education warned that NCLB's stress on testing and the shortfall of federal funds are leaving more children behind.
Officials at the National Council of Churches insist they do not back the Jones bill, but it remains unclear what sort of remedy that two groups might propose and if it will take the form of bipartisan legislation in Congress.
Bob Edgar, National Council of Churches Rabbi Marla Feldman, Union for Reform Judaism Imam Al-haaj Ghazi Y.
He danced in musicals like Finian's Rainbow and Show Boat, served in the Army in World War II, and worked as an educator for the National Council of Churches.