Members of the HITSC are appointed solely at the Secretary's discretion, as informed by the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology.
What does NCHIT stand for?
NCHIT stands for National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- National Concern for Healthcare Infections
- National Council of the Housing Industry
- New Cambridge History of India
- Non-Capsulate Haemophilus Influenzae (virus)
- Northern Centre for Healthcare Improvement (Australia)
- North Carolina Healthcare Information & Communications Alliance
- Northern California High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (National Drug Control Strategy)
- North Carolina Home Inspector Licensure Board (Raleigh)
- North Carolina Health Information Management Association
- National Criminal History Improvement Program
- North Carolina Hunter Jumper Association
- National Center for Healthcare Leadership
- National Center for the Hebrew Language (New York, NY)
- National Conference of Hispanic Legislators
- North Central Hockey League (Manitoba, Canada)
- National Center for Health Marketing (US CDC)
- National Center for Housing Management
- National College of Holistic Medicine (est. 1992)
- National Cultural History Museum (Pretoria, South Africa)
- North Carolina Hotel & Motel Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The certification program of Health and Human Services' Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) was enacted to strengthen the security of electronic health records, reduce operational costs, protect private patient information and help providers become "meaningful users.
ANA made a formal pledge to develop educational materials on health information technology for registered nurses to share with consumers, in support of the Consumer eHealth Program established by the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC), U.
Dissatisfied providers generally blamed problems with the technology or inadequate support for obstructing care improvements with HIT, according to the review from the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology.
The Office of Interoperability and Standards at the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology has been discussing how the National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) can help standardize health information exchange.
The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology estimates hospitals and physician practices will need 50,000 additional IT workers just to implement EHRs.
The agency developed the Crosswalk Tool through a federally funded grant from the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology.
The new Web site was created in collaboration with the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, the Health Resources and Services Administration, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, all components of the U.