The author's significant Department of Defense experience helps explain why he suggests security controls such as C2 (a rating granted by the National Computer Security Center for products that have been evaluated against the Department of Defense Trusted Computer System Evaluation Criteria) and shielding for TEMPEST (which refers to security of telecommunications devices that emit electromagnetic radiation).
What does NCSC stand for?
NCSC stands for National Computer Security Center
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NCSC
We have 89 other meanings of NCSC in our Acronym Attic
- National Charter School Clearinghouse
- National Child Safety Council
- National Children's Science Congress (India)
- National Christian Sports Conference
- National Civil Society Congress (Kenya)
- National Coal Supply Corporation Ltd (Israel)
- National Collegiate Security Conference
- National Commission for Scheduled Castes (India)
- National Communications Security Committee
- National Complete Streets Coalition
- National Computer Security Classification
- National Computer Security Conference
- National Cooperative Services Corporation (Staples, MN)
- National Council of Senior Citizens
- National Crosswalk Service Center
- National Customer Service Center (GSA)
- National Customer Support Center (USPS)
- National Cyber Security Center
- Naval Coastal Systems Center
- Naval Command Support Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
The award was presented by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the National Computer Security Center of the National Security Agency (NSA) in recognition of Fortress's successful development of VPN cryptographic modules adhering to the FIPS 140-1 encryption standard.
Now, Marc Damashek of the Department of Defense's National Computer Security Center at Fort George G.
Adams is a graduate of National Computer Security Center Security Training.
For instance, the author's statement on the DoD Computer Security Center and the National Computer Security Center makes them appear to be two separate entities when they are the same organization.
This year the conference includes a separate track, developed by the National Computer Security Center, for the CEO and CIO.
The US National Computer Security Center, the National Computer Security Association and the European Information Technology Security Evaluation Criteria have certified CyberGuard products.
Vaden currently holds the certification of Vendor Security Analyst with the National Computer Security Center.