Moreover, some 3,000 kilometers of gravel roads and some 180 kilometers of national roads were damaged, according to the National Committee for Disaster Management (NCDM), estimating an economic toll of about 521 million U.
What does NCDM stand for?
NCDM stands for National Committee for Disaster Management (Cambodia)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NCDM
We have 15 other meanings of NCDM in our Acronym Attic
- North Carolina Driver's License
- Northern California Diagnostic Laboratories (Napa, CA)
- Numerically Controlled Delay Line
- North Central Distance Learning Consortium (Nebraska)
- Nicaraguan Community Development Loan Fund (est. 1991)
- North Carolina Division of Land Resources (NC Department of Environment and Natural Resources; Raleigh, NC)
- National Center for Data Mining
- National Center for Database Marketing
- National Centre for Disaster Management
- National Commission for Democracy in Mexico (Texas)
- National Conference of Democratic Mayors
- Narrowband Code Division Multiple Access
- Northern California DeLorean Motor Club
- National Cladding/Duct Materials Development Program
- National Center for the Design of Molecular Function (University of Arizona)
- Netherlands Clean Development Mechanism Facility (World Bank)
- North Carolina Division of Marine Fisheries (Morehead City, NC)
- National Center for Defense Manufacturing and Machining (Latrobe, PA)
- North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles
- National Certified Dealer Network (military car loans)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Over 80 children were among those killed in two months of flooding caused by heavy rainfall that has seen the Mekong River burst its banks, according to the National Committee for Disaster Management.
Sixty-eight children were among those who died in nearly two months of flooding caused by heavy rainfall that has also seen the Mekong River overflow, said Keo Vy, spokesman for the National Committee for Disaster Management.
A number of countries are strengthening disaster risk reduction capacities through the creation of national coordination structures - such as in Bahrain where the National Committee for Disaster Management (NCDM) was adopted in 2006 to define responsibilities for disaster risk reduction at different levels of government.
Three women were killed in two villages in Battambang Province by lightning strikes while they were attending cows in rice fields, and a man in neighboring Banteay Meanchey Province was also killed by a lightning strike, Nhem Vanda, first vice president of Cambodia's National Committee for Disaster Management, said.
The floods have waterlogged homes and lives of more than 270,000 families, destroying 350,000 hectares of paddy fields across the country, a local spokesman for the National Committee for Disaster Management said.
Heavy rainfall, which has also caused the Mekong river to overflow, has killed at least 105 people, including 47 children, since mid-August, spokesman Keo Vy of the National Committee for Disaster Management told AFP.
Three more people died Wednesday, including one crushed when his house collapsed and two in flash floods, adding to the 11 who died on Tuesday, said Ly Thuch, deputy chief of the National Committee for Disaster Management.