18 ( ANI ): National Commission for Women (NCW) chairperson Mamata Sharma on Thursday expressed serious concern over the police action on women protesters in Aligarh, and said that the government should do something to sensitize the men in uniform.
What does NCW stand for?
NCW stands for National Commission for Women (India)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NCW
We have 62 other meanings of NCW in our Acronym Attic
- Neonatal Cerebral Venous Thrombosis
- Nissan Continuous Variable Transmission (automobile part)
- NetBackup Configuration Validation Utility
- National Coalition for Verified Voting
- National Council for Voluntary Youth Services (UK)
- Norfolk Council for Voluntary Youth Services (UK)
- North Continuous Viewing Zone (US NASA)
- National Car Wash (Lebanon, TN)
- National Championship Wrestling (Pennsylvania)
- National Coin Week
- National Commission on Writing
- National Council of Women (UK)
- Naval Coastal Warfare
- Nazi Championship Wrestling (website)
- Nederlands Christelijk Werkgeversverbond (Den Haag, Netherlands)
- Net Centric Weapons (Air Force Materiel Command)
- Network Centric Warfare
- Network-Centric Waveform
- Neurosurgical Consultants of Washington (est. 1998)
- Norman County West (public school; Minnesota)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The chairman of India's national commission for women, Mamata Sharma, later slammed the provincial government of Madhya Pradesh over its failure to curb violence against women.
of photocopiers alongwith operators (one each for each machine) for photocopy work at National Commission for Women.
The meeting which gathered Minister of Human Rights Houria Mashhoor and the WB Social Development Specialist Nina Bhatt reviewed aspects of cooperation with the ministry and institutions concerned with women issues, particularly the National Commission for Women.
As for the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights and National Commission for Women, making the right noises is all they do.
He said by envisioning the vitality of human rights, the present government introduced a number of legislative initiatives like National Commission for Human Rights Bill, the Women in Distress and Detention Fund Bill, National Commission for Women Bill and Prevention of Anti Women Practices Bill (Private Member Bill).
Meanwhile, the state government has commissioned a special task force to probe the case, and the National Commission for Women (NCW) has also initiated a three-member panel to investigate alongside the police.
Canada commends recent accomplishments by the Government of Pakistan to uphold women's rights, including the passage of the Anti-Women Practices Bill, Acid Crime Prevention Bill and National Commission for Women Bill.