Though the Royal Opera House presenting itself at the head of the queue provoked a furious backlash against lottery money going to toffs, it eventually proved a better investment of public money than the populist National Centre for Popular Music in Sheffield, which closed after a few months.
What does NCPM stand for?
NCPM stands for National Centre for Popular Music (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NCPM
We have 20 other meanings of NCPM in our Acronym Attic
- National Center for Pastoral Leadership (Ocean Pines, MD)
- Natrona County Public Library (Casper, WY)
- Nelson County Public Library (Bardstown, KY)
- New Castle Public Library
- New Cumberland Public Library (New Cumberland, PA)
- North Chicago Public Library (Chicago, IL)
- National Crime and Punishment Learning Center (Gulfport, MS)
- Non-Congestion Packet Loss Detection
- National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders (UK)
- Non-Complexed Waste
- National Conference of Personal Managers (entertainment business)
- Nationally Certified Professional in Mediation
- Net Counts per Minute (immunology)
- Network Connection Policy Manager
- New Communist Party of Macedonia
- Non-Critical Phase-Matching
- North Carolina Petroleum Marketers Association
- North Carolina Property Mappers Association (Tarboro NC)
- North Central Pest Management Center
- National Center for the Preservation of Medicinal Herbs
Samples in periodicals archive:
The investors, primarily Arts Council England, pulled the plug, Alsop was shown the door, and the building lay dormant for the next two years, apparently destined for a plot in the graveyard of Lottery-funded white elephants, alongside Sheffield's National Centre for Popular Music and Doncaster's Earth Centre.
In his eagerness to ram home the attack, the reporter listed 'other Lottery-funded failures' including the infamous Millennium Dome, something called the Earth Centre at Doncaster and The National Centre for Popular Music at Sheffield.
The pounds 11million National Centre for Popular Music in Sheffield gave up the ghost in 1999, having pulled in just half of the expected 400,000 punters.
The Pounds 15 million National Centre for Popular Music, a hands-on museum featuring films, exhibitions, interactive attractions and a pioneering 3D sound auditorium, aims to attract 400,000 visitors a year.
WORK is almost complete on building the <pounds 15 million National Centre for Popular Music in Sheffield's cultural industries quarter.
He first worked with MAC's architects, Branson Coates, on their ill-fated National Centre for Popular Music in Sheffield, where his light installations have survived the building's takeover by Hallam University.
After his death aged 55 in 2000, Barber's widow Val loaned it to the National Centre for Popular Music in Sheffield.