Still, the commission cited national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance to estimate that the actual number of people contracting the disease in the state each year is probably five to ten times higher.
What does NCDC stand for?
NCDC stands for National Centers for Disease Control
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NCDC
We have 121 other meanings of NCDC in our Acronym Attic
- National Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (computing)
- National Cancer Data Base
- National Compliance Data Base
- National Consortium on Deaf-Blindness (Monmouth, OR)
- National Criminal Database
- NCEP Computer Development Branch
- Neighborhood Change Database (US Census)
- North Carolina Deaf-Blind Associates (est. 1983)
- North Carolina Defense Business Association (Fayetteville, NC)
- National Clearinghouse for the Defense of Battered Women
- National Clean Diesel Campaign (EPA)
- National Climatic Data Center
- National Climatic Data Centre (UK)
- National Communicable Disease Center
- National Cooperative Development Corporation (India)
- National Council of Development Communication
- National Criminal Defense College (Macon, GA)
- Naval Contract Distribution Center (US Navy)
- Norfolk City Democratic Committee (Norfolk, VA)
- North Carolina Department of Commerce
Samples in periodicals archive:
8 deaths per 100,000 population, according to 2006 statistics from the national Centers for Disease Control & Prevention.
According to the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 70,000 people in the United States become ill each year from infection with E.
The associate director for infection control at the national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says such improper procedures appear to be more common in outpatient surgical centers like the endoscopy center.
Senate, and as an operations officer with the National Centers for Disease Control.
One such bacterium, Listeria monocytogenes, is responsible for about 2,500 illnesses and 500 deaths across the country each year, according to the national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The avian flu drill was the first disease outbreak exercise in the nation to: * Address a communicable form of the avian flu--cited by the national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization as one of the greatest potential communicable disease risks to the world population; * Coordinate a full-scale FIELD exercise to train health care personnel in epidemiologic investigation and implementation of control measures for responding to a large number of patients ill with or exposed to the avian flu; and * Coordinate this effort with epidemiologists involving 12 county jurisdictions, state public health agencies and local universities.
And in Lincoln, the district has joined the "Walking School Bus" program, which was designed by the national Centers for Disease Control and provides adult supervision so youngsters can walk safely to and from school instead of riding the bus or getting a lift.