Bike to School Day encourages a bike-focused celebration and builds on the popularity and success of International Walk to School Day, also coordinated by the National Center for Safe Routes to School and celebrated around the world each October.
What does NCSRTS stand for?
NCSRTS stands for National Center for Safe Routes to School
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- National Council for Scientific Research and Development (Malaysia)
- National Civil Service Reform League
- National Council for Scientific Research in Lebanon
- Northern Crops Science Research Laboratory
- National Campaign to Stop Red-light Running
- National Charter School Research Project (University of Washington Bothell; Seattle, WA)
- National Contaminated Sites Remediation Program
- North Central Soybean Research Program
- National Center for Seismic Risk Reduction
- North Carolina Society of Radiologic Technologists, Inc. (Jamestown, NC)
- National Cactus and Succulent Society
- National Center for Seeds and Seedlings (est. 1986; Japan)
- National Center for Sports Safety
- National Coalition of Spaceport States
- National Computer Science School (Australia)
- National Conference of State Societies (Washington, DC)
- National Cooperative Soil Survey
- National Council for the Social Studies
- National Council of Social Service (Singapore)
- National Council of State Societies
Samples in periodicals archive:
The National Center for Safe Routes to School maintains the Walk and Bike to School website, www.
First Steps for a Walking Program The National Center for Safe Routes to School recommends seven steps for getting started on a safe-routes-to-school program.
The National Center for Safe Routes to School announces Alpine Elementary School, in Alpine, Utah, as the recipient of the 2010 James L.
5, eco-conscious mom Jennie Garth, as seen on "90210" and "Dancing with the Stars," and National Center for Safe Routes to School staff joined the Walk to School celebration at PS 89 Liberty School in the Tribeca neighborhood of New York City.
Green Works Naturally Derived Cleaners Teams Up with National Center for Safe Routes to School and Sierra Club to Encourage Families to Walk to School This October; Offering Green Grants to Schools That Get The Most People Walking OAKLAND, Calif.
Speakers include Joseph Toole of the Federal Highway Administration, Ton Daggers of Utrecht, Netherlands who promotes bicycling in Europe and Latin America, and Lauren Marchetti of the National Center for Safe Routes to School.
Established in May 2006, the National Center for Safe Routes to School assists communities in enabling and encouraging children to safely walk and bicycle to school.