In a commentary published Monday in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute, the pair wrote that the use of extremely expensive treatments that barely extend patients' lives "is a serious ethical dilemma in the US that needs to be addressed by the oncology community.
What does NCI stand for?
NCI stands for National Cancer Institute (US)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NCI
We have 239 other meanings of NCI in our Acronym Attic
- National Chung Hsing University (Taiwan)
- Northport Cow Harbor United (soccer club; Northport, NY)
- National Coalition for Homeless Veterans
- National Centre in HIV Virology Research (est. 1988; Australia)
- National Center for Health and Wellness (Addison, TX)
- National Center for Health Workforce Analysis
- North Carolina Hot Wheels Association
- Narcotics/Covert Investigations Unit
- NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Critical Information
- National Captioning Institute
- National Center for Interpretation
- National Cheese Institute (International Dairy Foods Association)
- National Church Institutions
- National Coaching Institute (Canada)
- National Coastwatch Institution (UK registered charity)
- National Computer Index (UK)
- National Computer Institute
- National Coney Island (Michigan)
- National Corn Index
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ndugwa ([double dagger]) * National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA; ([dagger]) National Cancer Institute-Frederick, Frederick, Maryland, USA; and ([double dagger]) Makerere University Medical School and Mulago Hospital, Kampala, Uganda Dr Biggar is a senior investigator in the Viral Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute.
The evidence that antioxidants play a role in preventing cancer has diminished in the last 10 to 15 years, and we're not facing up to the rather dismaying facts," says Regina Ziegler of the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, Maryland.
The Phase I/II trial conducted by the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, Md.
Officials from National Cancer Institute, National Institute of Health, FDA, Genentech, Stanford University, UCLA and Northeastern University among leaders attending to discuss nanotechnology's promise for preventing, diagnosing, and treating cancer SANTA CLARA, Calif.
In 1977, the National Cancer Institute and the American Cancer Society issued the first guidelines, recommending that women 40 to 49 have mammograms only if they or their mothers or sisters had breast cancer.
This diet--which the National Cancer Institute recommends for all Americans--has slightly less fat than most people typically eat.
vice president, business development and planning, Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Group, said, "Since the Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) was signed with the National Cancer Institute two years ago, we have made Taxol our number one research priority in an effort to make it rapidly and widely available.