Included is routine inspection and appraisal of the District%s bridges, verification and updating of bridge data in the national bridge inventory, preparing of inspection reports, reporting of critical deficiencies, structural analysis and emergency design of bridges with deficient features, load ratings material sampling and testing.
What does NBI stand for?
NBI stands for National Bridge Inventory
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NBI
We have 112 other meanings of NBI in our Acronym Attic
- Narrow Band Interference
- NASDAQ (National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations) Biotechnology Index
- Nation Brands Index (statistics)
- National Bank of Indianapolis (Indianapolis, IN)
- National Bar Institute (National Bar Association; Washington, DC)
- National Bartending Institute (Atlanta, Georgia)
- National Biodiversity Institute (South Africa)
- National Biproducts Institute (South Africa)
- National Board, Inc. (US Coast Guard)
- National Botanical Institute (South Africa)
- National Bureau of Insurance (Switzerland)
- National Bureau of Investigation
- National Business Initiative (various locations)
- National Business Investigations (California)
- Nations, Borders, Identities (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
- Nationwide Blind Installation (window blinds; various location)
- Natural Brands, Inc. (Dallas, TX)
- Navbuilder Inside (Verizon Developer Community)
- Neethling Brain Instruments (various locations)
- Neighborhood Business Initiative (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Federal Highway Administration's 2013 National Bridge Inventory database as submitted by state transportation departments.
An analysis of the 2013 National Bridge Inventory database recently released by the U.
The bridge was built in 1955, according to the website for the National Bridge Inventory Database.
5-day course, designed to refresh the skills of practicing bridge inspectors, is based on the Bridge Inspector's Reference Manual (FHWA-NHI-03-001) and offers additional topics, such as fiber reinforced plastic, inspection of truss gusset plates, structure inventory and appraisal overview, and common National Bridge Inventory miscodings.
Department of Transportation's National Bridge Inventory database.
According to an article in the September 2003 American City & County magazine, more than 25 percent of the 590,000 bridges on the Federal Highway Administration's (FHWA) National Bridge Inventory are either obsolete or deteriorating.
According to National Bridge Inventory reports , more timber bridges are located in Louisiana than in any other state as of 1992.