5-day course, designed to refresh the skills of practicing bridge inspectors, is based on the Bridge Inspector's Reference Manual (FHWA-NHI-03-001) and offers additional topics, such as fiber reinforced plastic, inspection of truss gusset plates, structure inventory and appraisal overview, and common National Bridge Inventory miscodings.
What does NBI stand for?
NBI stands for National Bridge Inventory
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NBI
We have 112 other meanings of NBI in our Acronym Attic
- Narrow Band Interference
- NASDAQ (National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations) Biotechnology Index
- Nation Brands Index (statistics)
- National Bank of Indianapolis (Indianapolis, IN)
- National Bar Institute (National Bar Association; Washington, DC)
- National Bartending Institute (Atlanta, Georgia)
- National Biodiversity Institute (South Africa)
- National Biproducts Institute (South Africa)
- National Board, Inc. (US Coast Guard)
- National Botanical Institute (South Africa)
- National Bureau of Insurance (Switzerland)
- National Bureau of Investigation
- National Business Initiative (various locations)
- National Business Investigations (California)
- Nations, Borders, Identities (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
- Nationwide Blind Installation (window blinds; various location)
- Natural Brands, Inc. (Dallas, TX)
- Navbuilder Inside (Verizon Developer Community)
- Neethling Brain Instruments (various locations)
- Neighborhood Business Initiative (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Department of Transportation's National Bridge Inventory database.
Department of Transportation's Federal Highway Administration National Bridge Inventory database, which lists structural evaluations and codes for all bridges in the United States.
It includes such databases as Strategic Seaports, military installations, the National Highway Planning Network, National Bridge Inventory and the National Railway Network.
With this content, the device is able to deliver complete coverage and truck-specific data for advanced routing information based on the vehicle's height, width and weight, including STAA National Highway Network and Access Roads; National Bridge Inventory List; National HazMat Route Registry; and detailed truck data for the lower 48 States and Canada.
According to the National Bridge Inventory (NBI) database, nearly 600,000 highway bridges stitch together the Nation's highway network, making the system dependent on their integrity if it is to continue to provide seamless transportation to the traveling public.
While the National Bridge Inventory (NBI) requires biennial inspection, as mandated by National Bridge Inspection Standards, what may be surprising to many is that "subjective visual inspection" is the most commonly used inspection method, one that misses approximately 90% of fatigue cracks.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Of the nearly 600,000 bridges listed in the Federal Highway Administration's (FHWA) 2004 National Bridge Inventory, close to 1,000 fall into the category of movable spans.