At the launch, Minister Hanekom said that the Bio-economy Strategy would take the National Biotechnology Strategy from 2001 to the next level, creating an enabling environment that will allow government departments, industry, venture capital and other stakeholders to move forward with initiatives that will be able to meet the challenges and embrace the opportunities of the future.
What does NBS stand for?
NBS stands for National Biotechnology Strategy (Canada)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NBS
We have 193 other meanings of NBS in our Acronym Attic
- Nashville Bonsai Society (Lebanon, Tennessee)
- National Ballet School (Canada)
- National Bank of Serbia
- National Bank of Slovakia
- National Bar Systems (Huntington Beach, CA)
- National Benchmarking Service (UK)
- National Bibliographic Service (of the British Library)
- National Biodiversity Strategy (various nations)
- National Biological Service (environmental spatial data)
- National Biological Survey
- National Bird-Feeding Society
- National Blood Service (England)
- National Board for Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting for Scotland
- National Bookstore
- National Bowling Stadium (Reno, NV)
- National Broadband Scheme (Ireland)
- National Broadcasting Service (various locations)
- National Broadcasting Society
- National Brotherhood of Skiers
- National Building Specification (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
So far, the group has worked with the Government to create the National Biotechnology Strategy, launched in July last year, and led to the establishment of the Biotechnology Innovation Fund.
Canada: The Medical Research Council (MRC) of Canada has proposed a $175 million national genomics initiative called Genome Canada, which it hopes will be incorporated into a national biotechnology strategy expected to be issued this fall by the industry minister.