In fact, many of our researchers began their careers in the National Park Service, Fish and Wildlife Service, or Bureau of Land Management and came to the USGS through the consolidation of DOI research capabilities into the National Biological Survey (NBS).
What does NBS stand for?
NBS stands for National Biological Survey
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NBS
We have 193 other meanings of NBS in our Acronym Attic
- Nash Bargaining Solution
- Nashville Bonsai Society (Lebanon, Tennessee)
- National Ballet School (Canada)
- National Bank of Serbia
- National Bank of Slovakia
- National Bar Systems (Huntington Beach, CA)
- National Benchmarking Service (UK)
- National Bibliographic Service (of the British Library)
- National Biodiversity Strategy (various nations)
- National Biological Service (environmental spatial data)
- National Biotechnology Strategy (Canada)
- National Bird-Feeding Society
- National Blood Service (England)
- National Board for Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting for Scotland
- National Bookstore
- National Bowling Stadium (Reno, NV)
- National Broadband Scheme (Ireland)
- National Broadcasting Service (various locations)
- National Broadcasting Society
- National Brotherhood of Skiers
Samples in periodicals archive:
Geological Survey and National Biological Survey and dismissed action on global warming.
Rural Cleansing" Even though the Senate refused to ratify the Biodiversity Convention, the Clinton-era Interior Department created a National Biological Survey intended (in the words of Department science adviser Tom Lovejoy) to "determine development for the whole country and regulate it.
A barrage of letters, faxes, and telephone calls from the members of wise-use and property-rights groups prevented the National Biological Survey from being considered for a vote and the Endangered Species Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Safe Drinking Water Act from being reauthorized by the 103rd Congress.
Knopf of the National Biological Survey in Fort Collins, Colo.
One of his first actions was to create the National Biological Survey (NBS).
The Service recently joined the National Biological Survey in sponsoring two projects that will significantly benefit recreational fisheries and aquatic ecosystems.
STUART National Biological Survey, Museum of Southwestern Biology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131