Romney promised immediate actions within the first 100 days of taking office, including: -- An order to deploy a full, multi-layered national ballistic missile defense system -- a move likely to imperil governor also pledged to advance economic opportunity and democracy in Latin America and to leverage soft power to ensure the "Arab Spring does not fade into a long winter.
What does NBMD stand for?
NBMD stands for National Ballistic Missile Defense
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- National Black MBA Association, Inc.
- National Bacterial Meningitis and Bacteremia Reporting System
- National Black Media Coalition
- Negative-Binomial Monte Carlo
- New Brunswick Multicultural Council, Inc. (Canada)
- Newz Blast Media Co.
- Non-Basic Manufacturing Cost
- NORAD Battle Management Center
- North Belfast Musicians Collective
- North Bengal Medical College and Hospital
- National Building Materials Distribution Association
- North American Building Material Distribution Association
- National Bone Marrow Donor Registry
- Norwegian Bone Marrow Donor Registry
- Nada Brahma Music Ensemble (Sacramento, CA)
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- Network-Based Mobile Education
- Nevada Board of Medical Examiners (Reno, NV)
- National Board of Medical Examiners Part I
- National Board of Medical Examiners Part II examination
Samples in periodicals archive:
The PAC-3 Missile, THAAD and the Medium Extended Air Defense System (MEADS), which utilizes the PAC-3, are elements of the terminal defense layer of the National Ballistic Missile Defense System.
Despite the absence of a strategic threat and repeated test failures, the United States is moving to deploy a national ballistic missile defense (NMD) -- a new name for Ronald Reagan's Star Wars initiative.