The "pigtail" molecular cloud, located in the galactic center, approximately 30,000 light-years away from the solar system, was observed with the help of NRO 45m telescope at Nobeyama Radio Observatory (NAOJ), National Astronomical Observatory of Japan.
What does NAOJ stand for?
NAOJ stands for National Astronomical Observatory of Japan
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of NAOJ in our Acronym Attic
- Northwest Association of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (Seattle, WA)
- Northmead Assembly of God (Zambia)
- Sodium Hydroxide
- Nebraska Association of Occupational Health Nurses, Inc.
- National Association of Occupational Health Professionals
- National Association of Oil Heating Service Managers
- National Association of Online Investors (Washington, DC)
- North American Outdoor Institute (est. 2004; Wasilla, AK)
- North Atlantic Oscillation Index (weather and climate)
- National Association of Office and Industrial Properties
- National Association of Orchestra Leaders
- Networks Are Our Lives (est. 1981; New Jersey)
- North American Online
- Naturwissenschaftliche Arbeitsgemeinschaft Obertshausen Mosbach (German environmental science organization)
- National Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Alliance
- National Archive of Memorial Inscriptions (database; UK)
- National Association of the Ovulation Method of Ireland (Dublin, Ireland)
- Native American Outreach Ministries, Inc. (Joseph City, AZ)
- New Arcade Operation Machine Idea (Sega)
- North American OpenMath Initiative
Samples in periodicals archive:
30 Kyodo An international team of astronomers has spotted sugar molecules, a building block of life, in gas surrounding a young Sun-like star, according to the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan.
In a reflection of the significance of the latest discovery, officials at the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (NAOJ) have reported the incident to the International Astronomical Union.
Newly-developed Technology Researchers from Fujitsu Laboratories and the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan developed a technology that measures quickly with a high degree of precision the rate of soft errors in advanced LSI chips in a particular location.
If the weather is good, the transit will be visible from dawn, but the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan warns against viewing the Sun with the naked eye.
For their study, Masanori Iye of the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan in Tokyo and his colleagues used a filter that selects near-infrared light corresponding to radiation emitted by hydrogen atoms in distant galaxies.
The FPP comprises four distinct sub-systems -- a broadband filter imager (BFI), a narrowband filter imager, a spectra-polarimeter and a correlation tracker to stabilize the images -- and resides on the Solar Optical Telescope (SOT) whose mirror and structure were designed and developed by the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan and Mitsubishi Electronics Company.
19 Kyodo Japanese astronaut Takao Doi recently found a supernova and the discovery was recognized by the International Astronomical Union, the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan said Saturday.