The National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance (NAAF) issued a four-page brochure earlier this year offering "travel tips for people of size.
What does NAAFA stand for?
NAAFA stands for National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NAAFA
We have 3 other meanings of NAAFA in our Acronym Attic
- National Aboriginal Achievement Foundation
- National Alopecia Areata Foundation
- National Amateur Athletic Federation (est. 1922)
- Naval Auxiliary Air Facility (US Navy)
- Naval Auxiliary Airfield
- Network Access Attachment Functions
- New African Artist's Foundation (UK)
- Northwest Africa Air Forces
- National Association of America's Finest Agents (Circle Pines, MN)
- National Association of American Family Agents (Circle Pines, MN)
- North American Association of Fisheries Economists
- North American Association of Flying Effects Directors
- Navy, Army & Air Force Institutes (UK, a store for service members)
- National Association for the Advancement of Fat People (Family Guy TV show)
- North American Alpaca Fiber Producers
- North American Allied Fight Series
- Norges Astma- og Allergiforbunds Ungdom (Norwegian Youth Association of Asthma and Allergy)
- Narre Warren ADSL Action Group
- National Academy of Artistic Gymnastics
Samples in periodicals archive:
The board member of the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance says overweight people routinely are discriminated against because of their size.
Over at the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance, the organization’s spokeswoman, Peggy Howell, took issue with the very idea of the “invasive mutilating of healthy organ and tissue” surgeries that doctors have begun selling to generously proportioned patients.
But the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance says his comments may be causing eating disorders.
The National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance fear he will encourage eating disorders, adding: "We think he has insecurities of his own to deal with.
Instead of fighting the flab, overweight people are fighting back with the National Association To Advance Fat Acceptance.
Too-zealous attempts to lose weight have led to depression, gall bladder disease, ulcers, anemia, menstrual irregularities, gout, infertility, kidney stones, osteoporosis and even death, according to the Sacramento-based National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance.
Marshello recently reactivated the Los Angeles chapter of the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance (NAAFA), a Sacramento-based group dedicated to wiping out ``fatism,'' which it condemns as America's last, safe prejudice.