The National Association of Master Bakers said the average cost of an average loaf will rise from PS1.
What does NAMB stand for?
NAMB stands for National Association of Master Bakers
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NAMB
We have 2 other meanings of NAMB in our Acronym Attic
- National Measurement Accreditation Service
- North American Miniature Australian Shepherd (dog breed)
- National Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (Nigeria)
- North American Miniature Australian Shepherd Club of the USA
- National Association of Miss America State Pageants
- North American Studio Alliance (Belmont, CA)
- Naturisták Magyarországi Szövetsége
- Naval and Maritime Tactical Code
- North Africa Multidisciplinary Advisory Team (International Labor Organization)
- National Mines and Allied Workers' Union
- National Association of Mortgage Brokers
- Naval Amphibious Base (US Navy)
- North American Mission Board
- North American Model Boat Association (San Diego, CA)
- National Association of Milk Bottle Collectors
- North American Management and Business Corporation
- North American Molecular Beam Epitaxy
- National Association of Music Merchants-Affiliated Music Business Institutions
- National Association of Marlon Brando Look-Alikes (South Park)
- North American Man/Boy Love Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Bakers are facing a PS50-a-ton hike in the price of flour - equivalent to 13% of the cost of the raw material - and some of that increase is certain to be passed on to customers, said the chairman of the National Association of Master Bakers (NAMB).
The campaign against the tax has gained momentum since the plans were announced in the Budget and backing has come from public figures such as the Duchess of Northumberland as well as industry bodies, including the National Association of Master Bakers and the Cornish Pasty Association.
Mike Holling, of the National Association of Master Bakers, said the implementation of VAT would cause job losses.
During his career Mr Hall was made President of the Northern Region of the National Association of Master Bakers.
The FSA says the loss of support is "disappointing", but points out that the remainder of the food industry, including the National Association of Master Bakers, Mars, Unilever and Heinz, remain supportive of the campaign.
As well as managing Thomson's fulltime, Ian has worked as a bakery lecturer at Newcastle College, and also enjoyed a term as chairman of the National Association of Master Bakers Training and Education Committee.
The National Association of Master Bakers, which represents about 1,000 small UK bakeries, expects bread to go up by two to four pence per loaf.