During the conference the participants called for a radical redistribution of profit and formed the National Anti-Poverty Organization [NAPO].
What does NAPO stand for?
NAPO stands for National Anti-Poverty Organization
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NAPO
We have 16 other meanings of NAPO in our Acronym Attic
- National Association for Purchasing Management of Western Washington
- National Adolescent Perpetration Network
- National Association of Physician Nurses
- Native Access Program to Nursing (Canada)
- National Alliance of Professional Nanny Agencies
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Associates and Practitioners
- National Association for Practical Nurse Education and Service
- No Acceptable Price - No Contract
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- National Admissions and Placement Office (Abu Dhabi)
- National Association of Pizzeria Operators
- National Association of Police Organizations, Inc. (USA)
- National Association of Probation Officers (UK)
- National Association of Professional Organizers
- Netherlands Army Post Office
- Network Abuse and Policy Observance
- North American Project Operations (Honeywell)
- National Asian Police Officers Association
- National Power Corporation (Philippines)
- National Association of Prosthetic and Orthotic Educators (est. 1917)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As the National Anti-Poverty Organization sees it (in a September 2005 paper submitted to the federal government finance committee), "Poverty among Canada's Aboriginal groups remains unacceptably high both on and off reserve.
We are extremely pleased that the CBA is taking this case forward," says Paulette Halupa, President of the National Anti-Poverty Organization (NAPO).
3, 2003 Making waves, CCE Publications, Port Alberni BC, Autumn 2003 NAPO News, National Anti-Poverty Organization, Ottawa, September/October 2003 Network, Canadian Mental Health Association Ontario, Toronto, Fall 2003 Newsletter, Euthanasia Prevention Coalition, London ON, October 2003 Let's talk Families, Family Service Canada, Ottawa, October 2003 Links, The Canadian Health Services Research Foundation, Ottawa, Fall 2003 SIEC ALERT, Centre for Suicide Prevention, Calgary, September 2003
The National Anti-Poverty organization was less enthusiastic.