Another option, favoured by the National Alliance Against Tolls (NAATs) is to nationalise the road.
What does NAAT stand for?
NAAT stands for National Alliance Against Tolls (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NAAT
We have 7 other meanings of NAAT in our Acronym Attic
- North American Association of State and Provincial Lotteries
- National Association of Armenian Studies and Research
- North American Association for the Study of Religion
- National Association of Australian State Road Authorities
- Naif Arab Academy for Security Sciences (Saudi Arabia)
- North American Academic Study Survey
- North American Association of Summer Sessions
- North American Adult Soccer Tournament Index
- National Asian American Student Union
- North American Association for the Study of Welsh Culture and History
- NATO Anti-Armor Trials
- New Americans Against Tobacco
- North American Aviation Trilateral (Canada)
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Techniques
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test
- National Asian American Telecommunications Association
- North American Automobile Trade Association
- National Asian American Theater Conference
- Naval Air Advanced Training Command (US Navy)
- National Asian American Theatre Company (New York, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Another option, favoured by the National Alliance Against Tolls is to nationalise the road.
Now the National Alliance Against Tolls has called on the Government to buy back the Toll road, which cost developers Midland Expressway Ltd around pounds 900 million to build.
A spokesman for the National Alliance Against Tolls hailed the vote as a victory for democracy and demanded money be spent upgrading roads.
A spokesman for the National Alliance Against Tolls said 24% fewer vehicles had used the road this January compared to July last year and that, where possible, motorists were avoiding the route.
Objectors including local residents, Friends of the Earth, the North West Transport Roundtable and the National Alliance Against Tolls also gave evidence.
The National Alliance Against Tolls (NAAT) have been campaigning for the road to be taken over by the Highways Agency and the toll removed.
JOHN MCGOLDRICK National Alliance Against Tolls, Hambledon Drive, Greasby, Wirral