A malfunction in the same computer filing system -- the National Airspace Data Interchange Network -- in August 2008 delayed hundreds of flights in the eastern part of the country, causing the FAA to shift processing to its backup location in Salt Lake City, Utah.
What does NADIN stand for?
NADIN stands for National Airspace Data Interchange Network
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of NADIN in our Acronym Attic
- North American Design Institute (engineering; various universities)
- Novartis Agricultural Discovery Institute
- Nucleic Acid Detection Immuno Assay
- North American Defense Industrial Base
- North American Defense Industrial Base Organization
- National AIDS Documentation and Information Centre
- National Documentation and Information Centre for Science and Technology (Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Univeristy; Bauchi, Nigeria)
- National Driver Information Control System (UK)
- Novel Applications of Diamond and Fullerenes in Semiconductor Devices
- Novartis Agricultural Discovery Institute, Inc
- Network Anomaly Detection and Intrusion Reporter
- National Animal Disease Information Service (UK)
- NATO Defense Information System
- National Association of Disc Jockeys (UK)
- North American Deutsch Kurzhaar Club
- National Animal Disease Laboratory (est. 1961; USDA)
- National Association of Democratic Lawyers (est. 1983; human rights organization; Nigeria)
- National Association of Dental Laboratories
- Navy Authorized Data List
- North Australian Diamonds Limited (Perth, Western Australia, Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The affected computer system appeared to be the National Airspace Data Interchange Network.
The FAA's Operational Support Directorate is replacing the legacy server platform that currently supports the National Airspace Data Interchange Network (NADIN 1) with four ftServer 6600 4-way symmetric multi-processing servers with triple CPU redundancy.