To protect the yield losses to standing crops of the farmers due to non-preventable causes including natural calamities and adverse weather conditions, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India has been implementing 4 schemes namely (1) National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS); (2) Modified National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (MNAIS); (3) Pilot Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme (WBCIS) and (4) Coconut Palm Insurance Scheme (CPIS).
What does NAIS stand for?
NAIS stands for National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (India)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NAIS
We have 49 other meanings of NAIS in our Acronym Attic
- Northern Arizona Institute of Real Estate (Prescott, AZ)
- National Association of Independent Real Estate Brokers
- Non-Accelerating-Inflation Rate of Interest
- NATO Asset Information Routing Network
- National Association of Inspection and Registration Officers (United Kingdom)
- National Association of Intergroup Relations Officials (New York, NY)
- National Athletic Injury/Illness Reporting System
- Navy Aircraft & Readiness System
- Non-Accelerating-Inflation Rate of Unemployment
- NASA Acquisition Internet Service
- National Animal Identification System (United States)
- National Association for Information Services (Washington, DC)
- National Association of Independent Schools
- National Association of Investigative Specialists
- National Atlas Information Service
- National Automated Identification System (US Coast Guard)
- Navy Attitudinal Information System
- News Analysts in International Security
- Norwegian Aeronautical Information System
- Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1999, CCIS was replaced with a broader based scheme called National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS).