A next-generation CAC can only be issued once: * A Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) fingerprints check has been completed and approved * A National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)* background security check is in the process of being completed *Note: Since the NACI process can take up to 18 months, an individual may be issued a CAC before the process is completed.
What does NACI stand for?
NACI stands for National Agency Check with Inquiries
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NACI
We have 25 other meanings of NACI in our Acronym Attic
- National Alliance of Consumers and Healthcare Professionals (various locations)
- National Association of Healthcare Recruiters (Morrisville, NC)
- Neuronal Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor
- Neuronal Nicotinic Receptor
- National Centre for Human Rights Education and Training (South Africa)
- National Association of Children's Hospitals and Related Institutions
- National Academic Consortium for Homeland Security
- National Association of County Human Services Administrators
- National Advisory Committee on Immunization (Canada)
- National Advisory Council on Innovation (South Africa)
- National Asthma Control Initiative (US DHHS)
- Naval Avionics Center, Indianapolis
- New Apostles Church International
- North Albion Collegiate Institute (Rexdale, Canada high school)
- North American Collectors, Inc (Encino, CA collection agency)
- National Association of Crop Insurance Agents (Memphis, TN)
- National Aged Care Informatics Conference
- National Counterintelligence Center
- Navy Absentee Collection and Information Center
- North American Capacity Insurance Company (Manchester, NH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For those who need access to a facility, the report recommends that a determination should be based on the results of a less complicated National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
Accordingly, a next-generation CAC can only be issued when a National Agency Check with Inquiries, or equivalent, is submitted and the results of the FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) have been completed and approved.