He increased the number of National Achievement Scholars at the school, ranking first in the nation three times, out-recruiting Harvard and Stanford.
What does NAS stand for?
NAS stands for National Achievement Scholars
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NAS
We have 400 other meanings of NAS in our Acronym Attic
- Narcotics Assistance Section
- Narrow Band Acquisition Qualifier Subsystem
- NAS Area Supervisor (FAA)
- NASA Advanced Supercomputing
- Nassau, Bahamas - Nassau International Airport (Airport Code)
- National Academy of Sciences
- National Acceptance Scheme for CPDW (EU)
- National Accessibility Scheme
- National Account Services (various companies)
- National Accreditation Standards (Australia)
- National Advanced Systems
- National Aerodynamic Simulator
- National Aerospace Standard (Department of Defense)
- National Aircraft Standard
- National Airports System (Canada)
- National Airspace Study
- National Airspace System
- National American School
- National Archives of Scotland
- National Arts Strategy (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The survey also highlighted a number of individual achievements: -- Minority enrollment at the Colorado School of Mines has increased by 46 percent since 1988; -- The freshman minority student retention rate at the University of Colorado-Boulder is now 75 percent, equal to the return rate of non-MEP students; -- Twenty-five of the 472 MEP students at the University of Oklahoma are National Achievement Scholars (Nineteen scholars was the previous top figure for a public university during 1992.