Assembly of First Nations exchanged information about protests with the Mounties and provincial police and developed common stances leading up to a national Aboriginal day of action in the summer of 2007.
What does NAD stand for?
NAD stands for National Aboriginal Day
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NAD
We have 191 other meanings of NAD in our Acronym Attic
- North Area Corporation Yard (Sacramento, CA)
- National Association of Catholic Youth Ministry Leaders
- National Association of Clubs for Young People (UK)
- National Arts Council of Zimbabwe
- Non-Aneurysmal Contractile Zones
- Nadir Aperture Door
- Namibian Dollar (ISO currency code)
- Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam (Indonesia)
- Nansen Arctic Drilling (program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Her video, released on National Aboriginal Day, is for her song "Dirty Game.
National Aboriginal Day is also celebrated across the company, with numerous opportunities to participate in "the richness of the culture," says Murphy Helping employees to grow and reach their maximum potential is the true measure of whether a company is in tune with its workforce, says Murphy, who adds that it is something OPG holds dear.
14) Those who demonstrated acquiescence by tending to believe information received from the federal government, those who indicated a higher level of responsibility orientation by agreeing that Aboriginal peoples need to do more to help themselves, those who thought that self-government is a good thing, and those who showed their cultural pride by participating in National Aboriginal Day celebrations were also found to be significantly more supportive than individuals who displayed low levels of acquiescence, displayed low levels of responsibility orientation, disagreed that self-government is a good thing, and did not demonstrate cultural pride through participation in National Aboriginal Day events, respectively.
National Aboriginal Day June 21st marked the first time that National Aboriginal Day was celebrated as a statutory holiday in the NWT.
She has been a council member for the Thunder Bay Indian Friendship Centre and a committee Member for the National Aboriginal Day Organizing Committee.
Edmonton held weeklong events including an Electric Powwow, a National Aboriginal Day Evening in the Park, and a music jamboree.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] These youngsters from Regina were at the National Aboriginal Day celebrations to dance in the powwow performance.