com)-- Journalist Leila Wills, author of Farrakhan, The Movie, has been researching the life of Louis Farrakhan for ten years and documenting the shocking “marriage” between the Nation of Islam (NOI) and the Church of Scientology (COS).
What does NOI stand for?
NOI stands for Nation of Islam
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NOI
We have 56 other meanings of NOI in our Acronym Attic
- National Oil and Hazardous Substance Contingency Plan
- National Organization for Human Service Education (now the National Organization for Human Services)
- National Occupational Health Survey of Mining (US CDC)
- National Oil and Hazardous Substances Pollution Contingency
- National Oil and Hazardous Substances Pollution Contingency Plan (US EPA)
- National Operational Hydrologic Remote Sensing Center
- National Oral Health Surveillance System
- No Hangups (UNIX command)
- Nebraska Off Highway Vehicle Association (Grand Island, NE)
- National Off Highway Vehicle Conservation Council
Samples in periodicals archive:
This new volume on the history of the Nation of Islam examines the roots and growth of this influential American black Muslim organization and explores its internal politics, relationships with conventional civil rights movements, and controversial leadership figures throughout its history.
Calling Brother Malcolm an extremist, a demagogue, a racist, and spiritually bankrupt as well as viewing him as an advocate for violence and a staunch believer that all whites were devils became the daily, general description of various media commentators who had apparently held these views for many years despite the transformative status of this charismatic, spiritual leader of the Nation of Islam (NOI).
But within moments, three members of the Nation of Islam rushed the stage.
Ellison, a 43-year-old attorney and a "former" disciple of Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, won the November 7 election for Minnesota's 5th Congressional District, a Democratic stronghold that includes part of Minneapolis.
Keith Ellison, 43, prevailed after overcoming questions about parking tickets, overdue taxes and his ties to the Nation of Islam.
Boykin had been given the go-ahead to speak by Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.
The Rochdale Movement caught the attention of Nation of Islam members working in Queens.