Narcotics Anonymous (NA) is a world-wide self-help movement with millions of members who have recovered from addiction.
What does NARANON stand for?
NARANON stands for Narcotics Anonymous
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- National Atmospheric Release Advisory Center
- North American Rheumatoid Arthritis Consortium (Manhasset, NY)
- North Atlantic Regional Association for Counselor Education and Supervision
- National Radio Communications System
- Naval Air Research & Development
- Natick Army Research And Development Command
- National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League
- National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws (est. 1969)
- National Association of Rocketry Annual Meet
- National Association of Review Appraisers and Mortgage Underwriters
- National Accessible Reading Assessment Projects
- North American Rail Alertness Partnership
- North American Regional Action Plan
- National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (Grammy awards)
- Navigation Aids, Radar and ARPA Simulation (UK maritime course)
- Nagasi Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries (Philippines)
- National Advertising Review Board
- Navy Acquisition Review Board
- Network Aware Resource Broker
- NIMA Acquisition Review Board
Samples in periodicals archive:
Jill decides to join Narcotics Anonymous and to attend hour-long group sessions five days a week.
In a letter to the sheriff, AU explained that the only substance abuse programs offered at the Florida jail are: Narcotics Anonymous, Alcoholics Anonymous and Addicted to Christ--all run by faith-based organizations such as the Salvation Army and Alcoholics Anonymous.
He said: "I went to Narcotics Anonymous meetings inside.
I was brought back to active faith after finding recovery in a Narcotics Anonymous meeting like the one described.
I didn't go to Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous.
It's not a rock band, the Church of Scientology, Narcotics Anonymous or even a Saudi Arabian court.
Narcotics Anonymous is a nonprofit society of recovering drug addicts with hundreds of thousands of members in 123 countries around the globe, including the Americas, Western Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.