Marketed as Abraxane, nanoparticle albumin-bound (nab) paclitaxel was developed as an alternative to Taxol, which delivers paclitaxel in a highly toxic cre-mophor solvent.
What does NAB stand for?
NAB stands for Nanoparticle Albumin-Bound
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NAB
We have 144 other meanings of NAB in our Acronym Attic
- National Association for the Advancement of Wellness (Sacramento, CA)
- Native American Awareness Week
- North American Air Working Group (Commission for Environmental Cooperation)
- National African-American Women's Leadership Institute
- National Association for the Advancement of White People
- NATO Anti-Air Warfare System
- North American Association of Wardens & Superintendents
- National Automobile and Allied Workers' Union (now known as National Union of Metalworkers of South Africa)
- Nahj Al-Balaghah (Islam; speeches and letters by Ali ibn Abi Talib)
- Name and Address Book
- National Accountability Bureau (Pakistan)
- National Accreditation Board (Ghana)
- National Advisory Board
- National Allergy Bureau
- National Alliance of Businessmen
- National Assessment Bank (Scottish education)
- National Association for Blind
- National Association of Boards of Examiners of Long Term Care Administrators
- National Association of Broadcasters
- National Association of the Blind
Samples in periodicals archive:
It has been reported that a nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel (ABRAXANE) demonstrates superior efficacy Vs taxol in a phase III clinical trial.
About nab([R])-Driven Chemotherapy Abraxis BioScience has developed a proprietary nanoparticle albumin-bound (nab) technology which leverages albumin nanoparticles for the active and targeted delivery of chemotherapeutics to the tumor.
ABI) today provided a schedule of presentations related to its proprietary nanoparticle albumin-bound (nab(TM)) technology platform during the 96th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) at the Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA.
Phase III trial of nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel compared with polyethylated castor oil-based paclitaxel in women with breast cancer.
the company's chairman, president and CEO, will present a company overview, including a review of its nanoparticle albumin-bound (nab(TM)) platform and product pipeline under development for oncology and other indications, at the CIBC World Markets Annual Biotechnology and Specialty Pharmaceuticals Conference on Tuesday, April 5, 2005 at 11:30 a.
About the Study Randomized phase II trial of nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel in three dosing schedules with bevacizumab as first-line therapy for HER2-negative metastatic breast cancer (MBC) (Abstract #1006) In the randomized Phase II, open-label study, patients had HER-2 negative metastatic breast cancer and no prior chemotherapy treatment in the metastatic setting.
The approval marks a new class of "protein-bound particle" drugs, now made possible by ABI's proprietary nanoparticle albumin-bound (nab(TM)) technology.