Using this definition, it is easy to see how defective workmanship can qualify as an accident and, therefore, an occurrence, if there is property damage to property or work other than that of the named insured's, and the consequences were not expected or intended by the named insured.
What does NI stand for?
NI stands for Named Insured (insurance)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NI
We have 20 other meanings of NI in our Acronym Attic
- National Hispanic Youth Initiative (scholarship)
- New Hampshire Youth Lacrosse Association
- Netzah, Hod, Yesod, Malchut (Kabbalah)
- New Horizons Youth Ministries (Marion, IN)
- New Hampshire Young Republicans
- New Hampshire Youth Risk Behavior Survey (New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services)
- Brunswick Naval Base Airfield (airport code)
- Neue Havanna Zeitung (German)
- Nominal Hazard Zone (IEC Standard - Lasers)
- Nanotechnology Institute (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
- National Identification (number; US DoD)
- National Income
- National Instruments
- National Insurance
- National ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network)
- Natione Itala (Latin: Italic Nation, epigraphy)
- Nationella Insatsstyrkan (Swedish equivalent of SWAT police force)
- Natural Ingredients
- Natural Interference
Samples in periodicals archive:
Replace the word with its definition and we now have a requirement the named insured must add the additional insured and certify his or her insurance is "primary and not providing contribution.
A first party policy is triggered when the named insured makes a claim directly against the policy.
One of the most contentious of the changes to the condominium statutes was the one requiring that "The association must be an additional named insured and loss payee on all casualty insurance policies issued to unit owners in the condominium operated by the association.
The Policy defines the term as including the named insured and anyone who drives or operates the vehicle with his/her consent.
2d--CT IISSUE: Is a nurse practitioner, referenced by job title, but not listed as a named insured, in the declarations page of a physician's medical malpractice insurance policy, separately insured under the policy?
Since the 1990s, many courts have ruled that people or companies who are not the named insured in a policy are nonetheless insured under the MCS-90 endorsement.
Under this approach, the individual still may be listed as the named insured on the policy, and the entity is listed as an additional interest.