Fatal Naegleria fowleri infection acquired in Minnesota: Possible expanded range of a deadly thermophilic organism.
What does NF stand for?
NF stands for Naegleria Fowleri (amoeba)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NF
We have 27 other meanings of NF in our Acronym Attic
- New England Youth Theatre (Brattleboro, VT)
- Neighborhood Empowerment Zone (Forth Worth, TX)
- Neighborhood Enterprise Zone (Michigan)
- Nerve Root Entry Zone (oral medicine)
- No Escape Zone
- North European Zone (International Automobile Federation; motor sport)
- North East Zone Cultural Centre (India)
- New England Zero Mercury Campaign
- North of England Zoological Society
- Air Vanuatu Limited (IATA airline code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the 2011 cases resulting in death, a pathogen, Naegleria fowleri, also known as "the brain-eating amoeba", infected victims through the nasal tissue.
The amoeba -- Naegleria fowleri -- lives in warm, unclean water.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) said the waterborne parasite Naegleria fowleri has a fatality rate of 98 percent.
Naegleria fowleri has a fatality rate of more than 98%.
Other pathogens covered by nonmandatory surveillance activities in at least one country included Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever, dengue fever, echinococcosis, human granulocytic anaplasmosis, hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome, Mediterranean spotted fever, Naegleria fowleri infections, norovirus infections, Rife Valley fever, Q fever, rotavirus infections, and vellow fever.
ABSTRACT Primary amoebic meningoencephalitis (PAM) is a rare and rapidly fatal disease caused by the Naegleria fowleri amoeba.
experts in Louisiana later found deadly amoeba Naegleria fowleri in his home's water system.