One specific issue highlighted was the establishment of a specialist RAPEX group to investigate risks posed by the use in personal care products of N-Nitrosodiethanolamine (NDELA), classified as carcinogenic.
What does NDELA stand for?
NDELA stands for N-nitrosodiethanolamine
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- NFC Data Exchange Format
- Northeast Deer and Elk Farmers
- Not to Be Defined
- Number of Degrees of Freedom
- North Dakota Environmental Health Association
- National Diabetes Education Initiative
- Non-Destructive Evaluation International (Davidson, NC)
- Non-Dimensional Error Index
- National Dance Exercise Instructor's Training
- Node Decoupled Extended Kalman Filter
- Nacionales de Mexico (Ferrocarriles Nacionales de Mexico, National Railways of Mexico)
- National Digital Elevation Model (Federal Department of Climate Change; Australia)
- Nevada Division of Emergency Management (Department of Public Safety)
- National Database on Environmental Management Systems (Environmental Protection Agency)
- North Dakota EMS Association
- National Distance Education Network (Sri Lanka)
- Nicolet Distance Education Network (Wisconsin)
- National Dance Education Organization (US)
- National Drug Enforcement Officers Association
- National Diabetes Education Outcomes System
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the International Agency for Research on Cancer, levels of N-nitrosodiethanolamine in personal care products have declined substantially since the 1980s.
The chemicals include benzene and 2-naphthylamine, known human carcinogens, cadmium and n-nitrosodiethanolamine, which is associated with cancer in humans, and polonium-210, an element that emits alpha radiation.