Emulex LightPulse HBAs offer common drivers and virtual HBA technology based on industry-standard N-Port ID Virtualization (NPIV), which provides VMs with independent access to the SAN through shared HBA resources, enabling customers to leverage critical SAN management tools and best practices within virtualized server environments.
What does NPIV stand for?
NPIV stands for N-Port ID Virtualization (industry standard within storage networking)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
We have 1 other meaning of NPIV in our Acronym Attic
- NATO Procedural Interface Standard
- NATO Procedural Interoperability Standard
- Natural Progesterone Information Service (UK)
- Non Profit Institutions Serving Households (national accounts)
- National Poisons Information Service London (UK)
- National Plan for Information Systems Protection (US)
- National Penn Investors Trust Company (Wyomissing, PA)
- National Printing Industry Training Council
- National Pig Identification and Tracing System (Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food; Ireland, UK)
- National Project Implementation Unit (India)
- New Paradigms in Information Visualization and Manipulation
- NIST Personal Identity Verification Program
- North Pacific Intermediate Water
- National Parks Journal (bi-monthly publication; Australia)
- National Pride Jersey (sports clothing)
- Native Plants Journal (University of Wisconsin Press)
- Nuclear Plant Journal
- Nashville Peace and Justice Center
- Negative Pointer Justification Count (computing)
- Nottingham Progressive Jewish Congregation (Nottingham, East Midlands, England, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Emulex SAN connectivity solutions are ideal for large-scale Fibre Channel deployments offering common drivers and virtual HBA technology based on industry-standard N-Port ID Virtualization (NPIV).
Emulex HBAs and drivers provide virtualized storage connectivity utilizing Emulex LightPulse Virtual HBA Technology, which supports industry-standard N-Port ID Virtualization (NPIV).