While expression of the epithelial marker E-cadherin was up-regulated over 3-fold in HepG2cells treated with 100 [micro] M ginsenoside Rd, expression of the mesenchymal marker N-cadherin was down-regulated 0.
What does NCAD stand for?
NCAD stands for N-Cadherin
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NCAD
We have 16 other meanings of NCAD in our Acronym Attic
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- National Coalition to Abolish Corporal Punishment in Schools
- National Coalition for African Centered Rites of Passage
- National Coalition of Alternative Community Schools (Michigan)
- National Coalition of Alternative Community Schools (Ypsilanti, MI)
- North Carolina Association of Convenience Stores (Raleigh, NC)
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools (Chicago, IL)
- North Central Area Credit Union (Houghton Lake, MI)
- North Carolina Association of Convention and Visitor Bureaus
- National College of Art and Design (Irish college)
- Network Computer Aided Design (1997 trademark of NCAD Corporation; Erlanger, KY)
- New Cumberland Army Depot
- Noise Control and Acoustics Division (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
- North Carolina Association of the Deaf
- Notice of Cancellation At Anniversary Date (insurance/reinsurance)
- National Campaign against Drug Abuse (now National Drug Strategy; Australia)
- National Council against Drug Abuse (Singapore)
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse (St. Louis, MO)
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
Samples in periodicals archive:
Now, researchers from Thomas Jefferson University's Center for Translational Medicine have found that reducing levels of a well known, cell-surface protein known as N-cadherin in those cancer cells can interfere with that activity.
For example, one could speculate that [beta]-catenin binds to the cytoplasmic domain of other molecules, such as N-cadherin, in the same way it binds to E-cadherin in normal skin.
Expression of N-cadherin by human squamous carcinoma cells induces a scattered fibroblastic phenotype with disrupted cell-cell adhesion.
ADH-1, our lead biotechnology compound, selectively targets N-cadherin, a protein present on certain tumor cells and established blood vessels that feed solid tumors.
The differential expression of N-cadherin and E-cadherin distinguishes pleural mesotheliomas from lung adenocarcinomas.
This Phase II single-agent trial is designed to evaluate the anti-tumor activity and tolerability of repeated doses of ADH-1 in patients with lung, esophageal, adrenocortical, renal and hepatocellular cancers whose tumors express the molecular target N-cadherin.
Comparison of Mesothelioma and Adenocarcinoma Procedure Mesothelioma Special stains Alcian blue + (hyaluronidase-sensitive) Colloidal iron + (hyaluronidase-sensitive) Mucicarmine -- Periodic acid--Schiff -- Immunohistochemistry Calretinin + Cytokeratin 5/6 + Thrombomodulin + HBME-1 + CD44S + N-cadherin + MOC13 -- BG-8 -- Carcinoembryonic antigen -- Leu-M1 (CD15) -- E-cadherin -- Ber-EP-4 -- B72.