Last year was a busy year for the NASA science community, and ULA was a critical team player enabling the agency to meet an aggressive launch campaign, including the Aquarius, Juno, Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) and NPOESS Preparatory Project (NPP) missions.
What does NPP stand for?
NPP stands for NPOESS Preparatory Project (NPOESS/NASA satellite program)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NPP
We have 202 other meanings of NPP in our Acronym Attic
- Non-Production Procurement (various companies)
- Non-Production Purchase
- Nonprofit Partnership
- Normal Proving Period
- North Pittsburgh Philharmonic
- Northern Periphery Programme (EU)
- Notice of Planned Procurement
- Notice of Privacy Practices (US HIPAA medical patient privacy)
- Notice of Proposed Procurement
- Notices of Proposed Procurement (Canada)
- Nuclear and Particle Physics (various locations)
- Nuclear Power Plant
- Nuclear Propulsion Package
- Nuclear Propulsion Plant
- Nurse Practitioner in Psychiatry
- National Parenting Publications Award
- National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (India)
- National Piano Playing Auditions
- National Policy and Plan of Action (Pakistan)
- National Press Photographers Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
In recent months, a critical imaging sensor has been completed and integrated onto the spacecraft of a demonstration satellite, called the NPOESS Preparatory Project (NPP).
The NPOESS capability is planned to be launched initially in 2011 with multiple sensors on the NPOESS Preparatory Project and 4 satellites in two polar orbits to monitor more 19 of 26 essential climate variables from space.
As part of the NPOESS contract, the system contractor will support the IPO and NASA in the implementation of NASA's NPOESS Preparatory Project mission (NPP).
22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company's (NYSE: RTN) Visible Infrared Imager Radiometer Suite has produced its first image aboard the recently launched NASA NPOESS Preparatory Project (NPP) spacecraft.
This late delivery caused a corresponding 8-month delay in the expected launch date of the NPOESS Preparatory Project demonstration satellite, moving it from late September 2009 to early June 2010.
The joint IPO/NASA NPOESS Preparatory Project will be ready for launch in 2005, and the first NPOESS satellite will be available for launch in 2008.
It's a free afternoon of eye-opening, hands-on activities spotlighting NASA's newest Earth-observing satellite, the NPOESS Preparatory Project (NPP).